Chapter 6.

"Rose let's go!" Manik said as he got ready.

Nandini was sitting on the bed lost in her thoughts when she heard his voice. She looked up and saw him standing infront of the mirror setting is hair.

She nodded a no.

"What? You don't want to go college?" He asked as he saw her nodding a no from the mirror.

She again nodded.

"Are you sure?" She nodded a yes.

She still had to clear her mind from all what she saw yesterday. It just couldn't vanish in one night right?

"Okay! Stay at home! Don't step out of the mansion! I'll be back soon!" He informed as he spared her a last glance and moved out.

Now she was all alone in the whole mansion and this quite didn't go well with her. She moved out of the bed and started to roam in the mansion.

Unknowingly while roaming she found herself in the basement of the mansion.

From a little far she could hear grunts and groans of pain. Being curious she started walking in that direction.

But before she could push the door open and actually see what was inside a hand clasped her wrist stopping her to do so. Her eyes widened with fear as she realised it maybe Manik who saw her intruding.

Slowly gulping she turned around only to sigh in utter relief that it wasn't Manik. But wait! She had seen him somewhere.

She looked at him with confusion in her eyes trying to remember where she had seen him.

"Nandini! What are you doing here?" He asked seriously.

"I-I was j-just ..."

"Come lets go!" He said and tried to drag her but she resisted.

He stopped and looked at her confused and fearful state.

"You don't remember me?" He asked and she nodded a no.

"I'm Cabir! Manik's buddy? Remember?" He said and looked at her expectantly.

It then clicked her. He had come to meet her on the first day when she was trying to run away. She immediately retrieved her hand and stepped away from him in fright.

Now it was his turn to look at her in confusion.

"Nandini what -" He took a step forward but stopped hearing her.

"D-Don't c-come near m-me!" She was starting to sweat.

"Okay! Okay! I won't come near you! Relax!" He surrendered raising his hands in the air and taking a step back when he saw her shivering figure.

She moved away from him and then suddenly ran away from there to her room.

Cabir called her out but she paid no heed and kept running. He too followed her to her room. When he reached there he knocked on the door worried for her.

"Nandini! Are you okay? Listen I'm not going to harm you!" He tried to convince her but she didn't reply.

"Nandini please let me in!" He said softly but still got no reply.

"You're like my sister Nandini! Let me be there for you!" He whispered but still heard nothing.

With a defeated sigh he turned around to leave when a click sound made him halt in his steps. He slowly turned and saw Nandini standing there looking at him with tears in her eyes. His heart merely melted at the sight. She looked so fragile like a doll. So innocent to harm.