Chapter 17.

Nandini's POV

"Manik gifted you a puppy?" Bhai asked for the 11th time.

"Yes! And don't call him a puppy! His name is Alex!" I made an irritated face.

"I mean Manik -"

"Bhai enough!" I glared at him.

While Navya was sitting there lost in her own thoughts.

"Why is Manik behaving like a romantic lover?" Suddenly bhai popped this question in irritation which unknowingly caused me to blush.

I looked away as I didn't want them to see me blush. But how can Navya let it go?

"Nandini are you blushing?" She teased and Bhai's head snapped in my direction.

"N-no ...I-I'm not ..." I stammered badly.

"Ohh but I thought I saw something red on your cheeks!" She wasn't going to let it go.

"Navyaa!" I cribbed and she laughed and Bhai sat there smiling.

"Well okay enough of teasing! Listen both of you! I have work so I'll be going out and also Manik won't be home! So you too take care and if anything is needed then call us okay?" He informed and we both just bobbed our heads.

"Good!" He said and kissed Navya's forehead and then walking towards me pecked my forehead too before leaving.

"Nandini I'll freshen up and come!" Navya said and I nodded before moving out.

I was walking with Alex in my arms when Manik stood infront of me out of nowhere.

"Good morning Rose!" He smirked and I frowned at him.

Why is he looking at me like that?

Alex started jumping in my arms so I had to put him down. And as soon as I put him down he ran to the monster who picked him up in his arms happily.

"I think he likes me!" He commented looking at Alex and I rolled my eyes.

"By the way thankyou for the lime juice!" He said smirking at me and my eyes grew wide as he said that.

Does he remember what happened yesterday night?

No! No! How can he? He was drunk!

He was - right?

I looked at him nervously fidgeting while all he did was give me his smirk which was irritating the crap out of me.

He walked close to me and leaned down to my ears.

"Quit the pretense Rose! I know you care!" He whispered and placed Alex in my arms.

I took Alex in my arms but the next thing he did made my breath hitch.

He slowly and leisurely placed his lips on my right cheek, kissing me painfully slow.

Ugh. What is this guy doing to me?

 What is this guy doing to me?