Chapter 21.

Nandini's POV

"Who is an irritating monster?!" Manik asked leaning on the door and my eyes widened as I looked at Navya who just mouthed me 'busted'.

"Uh! Th-That ...Alex!" I said suddenly.

"Yes! Alex is sometimes very irritating!" I breathed in relief.

Alex made some grumpy sounds as if telling me he was angry for putting it all on him.

"Navya please take him! I can't study when he is around!" I pleaded Navya making a puppy face.

Navya just nodded and went out with Alex.

Wow Nandini Murthy what all you have to do! Making a puppy face for a 'puppy'.

After she went out I looked at Manik who was standing on the same place.

"Manik you can go now! I want to study!" I said and instead of going out he stepped inside closing the door behind him.

My eyes grew wide at his this step as I slowly stood up from my place.

"Ma-Manik what are you d-doing? W-Why did you close the door?" I stammered walking back as he continued trailing towards me.

"What am I doing? I'm just walking!" He shrugged making an innocent face.

I glared at him but soon I was again trapped by him. He caged me putting his hands on either of my sides. Leaning down his hot breath fanned my face as he went close to my ears.

"So you think I'm an irritating monster!" He whispered huskily and I being lost in him nodded a yes dumbly but then realising what I did I immediately nodded a no.

"Rose you think I don't understand what you're saying and about whom you are saying?" He nuzzled his nose in my neck as his hands clutched my waist.

"Ma-Manik!" I whispered.

"Hm!" He was busy nuzzling in my neck and smelling my hair.

"You know Rose I love your hair! Don't ever do anything with it! I won't tolerate even a scissor touching it! Got it?" His voice was demanding that it made me nod a yes.

Few minutes passed with us standing in the same position. Him resting his head on my shoulder and me hugging him.

"Manik was your past so bad?" Unknowingly I blurted out and regretted as soon as the words came out.

His grip loosened on my waist as he slowly withdrew away from me. His jaw was clenched and breathing ragged. I knew I did a mistake by asking him that question and I cursed myself for it.

"Manik I'm sorry I didn't -!" I didn't get to complete my sentence as he marched out of the room in anger while I closed my eyes in frustration.

Why do I have to ruin everything?

The rest of the day he avoided coming infront of me and whenever he would come accidently infront of me he ignored me like I never existed and this hurt. I tried talking to him many times, to tell that I'm sorry but he paid no heed! I know it was my fault but I was trying right? I was guilty and he knew it! Yet he doesn't care!

At night I was sitting on the terrace alone watching the stars when I felt a presence beside me.

"So what's going on between you and Manik?" Bhai asked.

I kept quiet and continued staring at the stars which were twinkling in the sky.

"I miss them sometimes!" I spoke avoiding his earlier question.