Elsewhere |40|

Ellie Moore

Later that day, Daryl came home. He grabbed a shovel and didn't say anything. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked. "I have the bury Denise." He walked out. I turned to Alexis and she gave me the same look.

Carl was still outside and I tried not to look at him.

Apart of me knew I was wrong. But, the stubborn part wasn't giving in. He watched me follow my uncle and soon Alexis stopped me.

"Go." She pointed at him. I shook my head trying to walk past. "If you don't Enid will take this as her chance to take him. Are you willing to lose him over this?" She looked me in the eyes. "You two love each other and like it or not you two are giving these people hope." She told me.

"How?" I asked.

"Watching you two is like watching a movie about young love." Alexis said.

"You are the hope in these people."

I sighed and turned to look at him finally. Our eyes locked and I felt every feeling for him wash over my body. I got the weird butterflies I got when he smiled. I even felt the heat rise in my face. I waved him over and we met in the middle.

"I'm sorry." I looked down.

He shrugged and shook his head. "I understand." He smiled. "You were confused." He nodded. I shrugged. "I don't know what was wrong with me." I shook my head looking down. He leaned down to kiss me and I stood on my tiptoes.

"Hey, Ellie," Damien said from behind. I jumped back and turned.

"Oh, hi." I looked at him. Carl gave me a confused look. "This is Damien he's new to Alexandria." I explained. "You must be Carl." Damien smiled. Carl nodded and they shook hands. "I'm looking for an Alexis." He said. "Her sister said she would be with you."

I pointed over at the girl and he nodded walking towards her.

"Don't worry, he's gay." I informed.

"Mmhm." Carl grabbed my hand. "I'm going to help Olivia today." He lifted my head up. "Whats your job?" He asked. "As always, Judy duty." I crossed my arms. "I guess I'll see you later than." He said. I nodded and smiled. He gave me a quick kiss and walked away. I went over to Alexis and told her what I was going to do.

"Before that, you might want to handle this." She pointed at Daryl.

He was by the gate waiting for it to open. "Daryl!" I ran over to him. "What are you doing?" I grabbed him. "I'm going out." He grummbled. "Well, duh!" I tried to pull him. He didn't budge and I groaned. "You just got back!" I yelled.

He turned to look at me. "Ellie have I ever left you." He stared into my eyes. I shook my head.

"Excatly, and I don't plan to." He nodded. "I promise you, I'll be back."

I thought for a moment then stepped back. "Let him go." I sighed. Glenn and Michonne followed and Rosita got in with them. They all left and I stood there. "Get back to work!" Maggie said.

I nodded and went to Ricks.

Rick was getting dressed he handed me Judith and began to tell me what his plans were. I nodded and put her in her high chair. She was playing with her spoons when Carol boyfriend came in.

He was telling Rick how she went missing and left a note.

Rick told me to stay here with Judith and to let Carl know what happened when he got back.

I nodded and contined making Judith food.

Once he left, I sat down and sighed. "I'm going to make sure you stay safe." I kissed her forehead. "Ewie." She smiled. I laughed and handed her a chicken nugget. Just like her brother, she dipped it into her choclate pudding. I smiled remembering how he alway did that.