Elsewhere |5|

Ellie Moore

Rick explained how Sophia and I were missing so they went out to look for us. Otis shot Carl on accident. "Is he going to be okay?" I asked. Rick shrugged. "Did you find Sophia?" I said. He shrugged again, "We split up I don't know what to other group found." He said.

"Well, don't tell Carl I told you but, he has a crush on her," I said. "He does?" He questioned. I nodded, "He told me."

"Well, I'll keep it secret." Rick nodded. "What type of blood is he?" Hershel said. "Umm... O positive." Rick said. "What are you?" Hershel asked. "A negative."

"Ellie?" Hershel asked. "O positive," I said. "Get in here." He grabbed me and I was dragged. A needle got stuck in my arm. I went to my happy place to forget all of it.

I twirled around happily. My name got called and instead of my mom's sweet voice, it was loud. I turned and the bright blue sky darkened.

Daryl ran towards me and so did my mom. I was grabbed and Merle stood there with yellow eyes. He bit into me and I screamed.

I immediately woke up and looked around. I was laying on the couch and Lori ran in with my mom soon after. "Ellie?!" My mom yelled sounding worried. I tried to stand up but it hurt.

"Where is he? Where's my son?" She yelled. She cried on my shoulder. My mom walked towards me as well and held me. I hugged both of them. I explained my foot to them and they hugged me tighter.

"Dear lord we found you." She sniffled. "I'm glad to see you." I smiled up at her. Rick stepped out showing Lori where Carl was. I heard Lori scream. Hershel ran in followed by Patricia. I wanted to stand up to see what happened. But Alexis pushed me back down. "You need to heal." She sternly said. I rolled my eyes at her.

A truck pulled up and Shane stepped out. I looked for Otis but couldn't find him. "Where's Otis?" I asked. Hershel came out to get the supplies. Shane came in and I glared at him. He gave me a confused look. "What?" He spat. "Nothing." I shook my head. Lori sat next to me her knee bouncing up and down. My mom stepped in the house hitting Shane with the back of his hand. "I hate you." She mumbled only him and I catching it.

Hershel stepped out and smiled.

"He's okay." He nodded. I smiled and sighed. "Thank god," Lori said. Rick hugged her and helped me up. I sat down in a chair and we watched him sleep.

I thought back to the first day we met.

I had just moved into the house across the street. My mom was upset about leaving our old house behind. I knew it was because of Daryl. Truth is my mom and Daryl had something going on.

I knew about it but never brought it up.

My mom and Daryl got in a fight over my dad and we packed our things and left his house to move out on our own. She took the money Daryl was saving to buy her a ring. He told me about it though I didn't quite understand.

As my mom was finishing the house, I was in the front yard. I saw 4 boys at the house across the street and made my way over. "Hi, I'm Ellie!" I said happily holding my teddy bear in my hands. "You're also a girl. Get lost." The tallest boy said.

"I might be a girl but I can outrun you and I can beat you in an arm wrestle," I said as Daryl taught me to. The boys laughed, all except one. "Mike, leave her alone." The blue-eyed boy smiled at me. I smiled back looking down.

"You're really sticking up for a girl, Carl?" Mike said. "Yeah, I am." Carl stood up walking over to me. Mike stood up and grabbed my bear. He ripped the head off and I gasped. Carl grabbed it from Mike and pushed him. "Go away!" Carl yelled.

Mike laughed and the other boy ran towards us.

"Hey, guys sorry I'm late." I knew him from school. His name was Dax.

I looked over at him. "Oh, hi Ellie." He smiled at me. I waved and turned toward Mike. "You know her too," Mike said crossing his arms. "She's in my class. I don't even talk to her." Dax said. "She's a girl." He whispered like I wasn't there.

"Your buddy thinks it's okay to talk to her," Mike said.

Dax looked over at Carl. "She's cool." Dax smiled at me. "She's not like every girl at our school. You should see her Uncle, he's cool too!" Dax said laughing. I remembered when Daryl came to my class from our Valentine's Day party.

"Ew, you two are out." Mike threw my bear down walking away with his friends. Carl grabbed my bear and ran towards his mom. Lori fixed it for me and that was the day Carl, Dax, and I became friends.

His eyes slowly opened. His eyes shifted around the room and landed on me. He smiled.

I smiled back. "Thanks for giving me blood." He said weakly. I shook my head. "No problem."

Rick took off his hat and put it on Carl's. "You're apart of the gang now. You get to wear the hat." He smiled.

~

The next day I sat in the chair next to Carl. "You don't have to stay in here." He said. "I kinda do." I pointed at my ankle. He nodded. "And besides, we are connected. Blood family." I laughed.

Carl laughed as well.

Daryl walked in. "Ellie." He smiled and I smiled back. He walked towards me and hugged me. I hugged him back. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Before, I go out."

"I'm fine," I said.

He nodded and looked at Carl. Daryl then walked out and shut the door. I watched clouds roll by as the day went away slowly and slowly.

Sorry, it's short.

I hope you're enjoying this so far.

This book is pre-written so I can update faster.

Next chapter will be longer.

Peace out rainbow trout ✌🏾️