Elsewhere |39|

Ellie Moore

I held Judith as I walked towards the gate.

Rick and the group were back and he grabbed her from me. "Was she good?" He asked staring his daughter in the eye. "Always is." I smile weakly walking towards Daryl. He hugged me quickly and pulled away.

"Turns out there's more than one Negan." He told me.

"How many?" I asked confused.

"No one knows." He began walking. "I'm leaving again." He spoke to me. I looked up and scoffed. "Again."

"Rosita and I are going to look for things." Daryl quietly said to me.

Denise walked by and stopped next to us. "Hey, I was wondering if I can go with you." She smiled. I gave her a questioning look. "Do you even know how to use a-" She cut me off. "Ellie, the adults are talking." She glared.

"Really?" I looked a Daryl.

"Go home." He told me.

"I've killed way more walkers than her, and I'm treated like dirt." I rolled my eyes walking away. "Nice to know."

I decided to find Enid and Alexis so we could go do something fun. I found one of the girls who told me the other was with her sister. Enid and I went to the back of Alexandria and sat. "Hey, can I ask you something?" She said.

I nodded and looked over at her.

"This might ruin our friendship but, I don't think you're right for Carl." She said. My eyes snapped the other way. "Why not?" I said confused.

"I mean do you even care about him?" Enid said sounding truthful.

I scoffed.

"I was the only one there for him the past 3 years!" I stood up. "I'm the best thing that walked into his life when he was 5."

"Without me, he wouldn't be the guy he is right now!" I waved my hands around. "That boy has done nothing but love me and at first I wanted him to jump off a cliff. Carl is the only boy I ever want to look at." I turned to walk away.

"And you're right, that did ruin our friendship."

I walked away and thought about what she said.

She doesn't even know me!

I kept walking and bumped into someone. I fell down and the person caught me. "Wow." He said breathing out. I pushed him away and scoffed. "Who are you?" I squinted. "Damien." He winked. I rolled my eyes. "I have a boyfriend." I walked around him.

"I was just playing with you, I'm gay anyway." Damien laughed.

"So I reject you and now your gay." I laughed.

"No, always been," Damien said smiling.

"Braces." I nodded. He frowned and sighed. "I want them off already." He shook his head. "I guess not though." Damien swayed.

"I was just about the leave wanna come?" I asked. He nodded and followed me. I climbed the gate and he followed. "You do this a lot?" He asked. I shrugged, "Sometimes you need to get out."

Damien nodded.

"I understand."

"So, Dame, tell me your story," I asked. "Story?" He asked. "Yeah, everyone has one."

Carl's PoV-

I looked around for Ellie but she was nowhere to be found. I went to her house where she usually is. Then I saw her. She sat on the porch and kicked her feet. "Hey, Elliepop." She looked up confused.

"Elliepop?" She asked.

"Always called you that." I smiled at her. "Of course." She smiled back. Something was different about her but I just thought she was tired. "Wanna come over and watch Judy with me?" I walked toward her sitting down.

"No, I just wanna sit here." She looked down. "You did your makeup darker." I lifted her head. "I uh." She stammered to find words. "It's okay, I kinda like it." I blushed. Ellie rolled her eyes and stood up. "Okay, well bye." She left walking in her house.

I shrugged and walked away.

I didn't know why she was acting so weird.

Ellie PoV

Damien and I entered back into Alexandria laughing. "You did that?" I shook my head smiling. "Yup, my mom was so embarrassed." He looked down at me. He turned to look behind him then stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"I'll uh see you later." He walked the other way.

I sighed and walked towards Carls house. I knocked and Rick answered. "Weren't you just here?" Rick said confused. I shook my head and gave him a confused look. "Not that I know of," I said. He just nodded and stepped aside to let me in.

I walked upstairs and heard laughing.

I went towards Carls room and saw the door was cracked. I peeked through and Enid was sitting next to him laughing. I scrunched my eyebrows and she lifted his face. He had his bandage off and I scoffed.

"I think it makes you look badass." She smirked leaning in.

I stepped back and ran down the stairs. "Ellie?" Michonne said confused. I pushed past her so she wouldn't see my tears. "Hey!" She grabbed my arm. "What's wrong?" She looked into my eyes.

Carl and Enid walked down the stairs to see the commotion. I yanked my arm away and ran out the door. I found myself at Alexis and she hugged me. "Did she kiss him?" She asked. I shrugged, "I couldn't watch." I cried harder.

Maggie came in with some tea and handed it to me.

"Can she stay?" Alexis asked. Maggie nodded. I shook my head. "Enid lives here," I explained. "Let's just stay at mine." I pleaded with my eyes. Maggie shrugged, "Fine with me if Daryl doesn't care."

I nodded.

Alexis packed her bags and we walked to my house.

I walked past the Grimes household and Judith was in the front yard with her brother. She spotted me and reached out. She made her way towards me and I picked her up. "I love you." I kissed her head.

Carl walked to me and I handed her to him. "Bye Judy." I turned to walk away. "Ellie, can we talk!" He yelled at me. "Talk to yourself." I rolled my eyes.

"You've been acting weird all day!" He grabbed my arm.

"I haven't talked to you at all today!" I turned around confused. "Yes, you came over and we had a talk and you told me you needed time to think." He was closer now. I rolled my eyes, "You're crazy." I walked away.

Alexis stayed behind and asked him something. He answered and she ran up to me. "Something weird is happening." She shook her head. I nodded agreeing.

"I don't like it."