Elsewhere |4|

Ellie Moore

The car ride was silent. Well, I was silent. I lost all hope in the world. I looked out the dusty window and I heard something about a trip. My attention turned towards Lori who was giggling to herself.

"Just thinkin' about our trip to the Grand Canyon with Carl." Lori laughed. I got interested in the conversation.

"Please go on." I said.

"I don't remember that." Carl said confused. "Because you were just a baby." Lori smiled.

"Besides, we never made it past Fort Worth."

"No you got sick. I never knew a baby could throw up so much." Rick laughed looking back at his son. "Ew!" I said shaking my head.

"But, the doctor in Texas said you'd live, so we turned around and went back home."

"Can we go see it? The Grand Canyon?" Carl said.

"Maybe one day." Lori nodded.

"Me too?" Sophia asked. "Can we go?"

"We wouldn't leave with out you and you're mom." Rick said. I turned around and looked out the window. "We wouldn't leave you either Ellie." Lori smiled at me.

I smiled back, though I know she only said that so I wouldn't feel left out.

We drove a little longer until we heard another honk. We stopped. We came across high way full of cars. Daryl led us through as far as he could. Soon the RV made weird noises.

It came to a stop.

I ran towards my mom as she searched for stuff that would be useful. "So can I have an exact answer?" I said. "On what?" She said. "My dad." I walked next to her. "Ellie not now." she shook her head. I crossed my arms as I came to a stop.

"I just want to know. It's not like it matters much anymore!" I said. My mom sighed. "He's dead! I found out after he left. Now go away!" She rolled her eyes as her voice raised slightly.

"What? Why didn't you tell me? You'd think that would be a discussion we'd have!" My eyes grew wide in anger and confusion. "Ellie, I was going to tell you, it just never felt like the right time." My mom tried to explain. "We can talk more about it later. I'll answer any questions you have but, please go annoy someone else."

"Annoy?" I was shocked by my mothers words. "Gladly! I want to get away from you anyways!" I stomped off.

As I was walking along cars I saw everyone hide. A whole herd of walkers were heading towards us. I ran towards the woods, thinking that was a good option to hide. As I was running, I tripped and fell over a log. I looked down at my foot as it stung in pain. I pulled off my boot and saw it was already swelling.

I slowly began to stand up and as I put my weight on the hurt foot, I fell back down in pain. I held back the yelp threatening to escape.

I stood up again, grabbed my boot and began limping towards where I thought the road was.

I walked or should I safe limped along the forest clutching my knife. Everything looked the same and I couldn't remember where I've already been and what was new. I came across a man. He held a gun and pointed it at me. "You're just a child?" He lowered his gun and looked down at my ankle.

"Are you bit?" He asked, slowly raising the gun back up. I shook my head quickly.

He looked at my foot again.