Elsewhere |22|

Ellie Moore

"Ellie wake up." Dustin shook me. I groaned and sat up. "What Dustin?" I said. "I have to pee." He whined. "Then wake up Carl." I yawned.

"He's not here." Dustin cried. I rolled my eyes. "Of course he's not." I stood up grabbing his hand. I walked him to the bathroom and waited for him. My throat itched and I coughed.

"You okay?" Carl emerged from behind the corner. "I'm fine," I said my eyes droopy. "You get some sleep." He said. "I'll wait for him."

I nodded and leaned in to kiss him. He turned his head and I scrunched my eyebrows. "What?" I said. "You just look sick and..." Carl trailed off. I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine," I assured him. I started coughing and Rick ran down the hall. "Ellie with me now!" He yelled.

I sighed. "I'm okay," I said following to the cell where every sick person was held. I saw Glenn leaning against the wall. "Hey, Chinaman." I wheezed out.

"I'm *cough* Korean." Glenn forced out a laugh. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever," I said. "How long you been here?" I asked. Glenn thought for a moment. "One day." He shrugged. "What's up?" I said noticing his been acting differently.

"Besides dying from a horrible disease, nothing." He looked down at me. "Well, you and me both." I sighed. "Lizzie's here."

"I don't associate with her." I crossed my arms. "She seems off." I shook my head. "I always thought you were off." Glenn lightly pushed me. "Whatever." I walked over to her as she silently cried. "Hey, Liza." I smiled. "My names Lizzie and you know that." She said. "I know, but Carl and I call each other weird names. I do it with all my friends." I shrugged.

"I'm your friend?" She said.

"I mean yeah." I laughed. "You don't think so?" I asked. "You never stick up for me when Carl says something." She said. "Sorry. I kinda stay out of the way when Carl's mad." I apologized. "It's cool." Lizzie smiled.

~

Hershel handed me a cup of tea and I gladly expected. "How's Carl?" I asked. Hershel smiled. "He's fine." He wiped my forehead with a towel. "Do you think you can give him this?" I pulled out the bandage with our names. Hershel nodded. "I'm sure I can."

I thanked him and he left to deliver the other drinks.

I laid down sipping my tea waiting for something fun to happen. "Wanna play checkers?" Lizzie said. "I'm down." I nodded. She set the board up and we began playing. I lost because I don't really know how to play but it's whatever.

~

"But I can't help falling in love with you." I sang softly. "Hey, babe." Carl smiled. I pressed my hands against the glass separating us. "Is anything going on?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Same old, same old."

I sighed. "I miss you." He said and lightly frowned. "I miss you more." I laughed. "Is Mia okay?" I said.

Carl nodded. "Judith?"

He nodded again. "Good." I smiled. "I got to go." He said. "I'll visit you tonight." He waved walking away.

I sighed.

"I hate it here."

~

* a few days later*

"I'm free!" I yelled hugging Carl. He laughed and hugged me back. "So, what do you want to?" He asked. I shrugged "Lay down in the grass and have Carl Grimes tell me everything he loves about me."

Carl rolled his eyes, "Let's go then."

I nodded and we walked outside. When we did the smile that sat on my face was gone. I frowned at the sight in front of me. The governor was back! I quickly pulled Carl down and Rick walked to the end of the gate to talk. Daryl handed me my bow and I thanked him.

Hershel and Michonne were tied up and Maggie and Beth held each other. "Spread out!" Daryl said. Alexis ran out and was shocked. I pulled her close by me and she ducked down.

Everyone did as told and I kept my aim on the governor. "I could end this now," Carl whispered to me. I shook my head. "It's going to start a bigger war then he already started." I shot his idea down.

Carl nodded.

"I swear I'm gonna cut his other eye out." I threatened. Carl agreed. "Ellie let's go help people put on the bus," Alexis said backing away.

I slowly walked back. "Elliepop!" Mia yelled. I put my finger over my mouth. "Mia listen let's play the quiet game," I said bending down next to her.

She clapped. "Go get on the bus and tell everyone that gets on," I said and she happily skipped away. I helped Glenn get on the bus and he kept asking for Maggie. "I'll get her," I said trying to calm him.

Walking back to check on Carl I watched the Governor chop Hershel head off. I gasped and pulled out my bow shooting an arrow.

Carl pushed me out the way and I fell to the ground with a thud. "Get to the bus now!" He yelled. I nodded and kissed him. I dodge every bullet and made it to the bus. "Where's Lizzie, Mika, Judith, and Mia!" I yelled. "They went to help," Dustin said.

I shook my head, getting off the bus. I ran around and killed walkers trying to find those 4 girls. "Mia!" I yelled. Tears streamed down my face. Daryl grabbed my arm pulling along. I screamed at him trying to getaway. "Mia's gone!" I yelled at him. "We gotta go!" He said. "I'm not leaving her!" I cried harder.

"I'm not losing you." He said sternly. We passed Beth and we ran far away from the prison. I looked back at our home and cried. I fixed my bag strap and we walked farther into the woods. We stopped at a little cabin. I opened my journal and wrote an entire.

We lost the prison.

We lost everyone.

My name is Ellie Moore and I was wrong. I thought the world changed but it hasn't. The world wants to die and wants everyone to die with it.

Ellie
Daryl

The remaining survivors.

The Atlanta group...