Elsewhere |12|

Ellie Moore

The clanking of boots was heard as we ran. I stayed close to Lori as we ran making sure she didn't hurt herself or the baby. Rick, T-Dog, Carl, and Daryl went inside to check the house in front of us. I guarded the rest of the group making sure everything was okay.

Lori sat on the front porch.

"Ellie have a seat." She said out of breath. I shook my head, "I'm fine." 

"Ellie," Lori said.

 Rick opened the doors and motioned us to come in. We all came in and Carl handed me dog food. I laughed at him and Rick grabbed the can chunking it at a wall.

He's not his old self. 

None of us are. 

We all headed out the back and got in our cars. We drove off as walkers approached us. Once we stopped, Carl and I took watch. I took off my jacket wrapping it around my waist.

I walked over to Lori asking her to hand me my bag. She reached over and threw it to me. I dug out clothes and thanked her. "Glenn, can I change in there?" I pointed to the green car. He nodded and I changed.

~

Rick and Daryl found a prison. Rick says it's safe. I crawled through the fence and my gun at the ready. Walkers surrounded the courtyard. "How do expect us to kill all those?" I said. "We close that gate," Rick said like it was nothing. I rolled my eyes.

"Daryl and Ellie go to that tower." He pointed. I followed him towards the tower. We shot walkers and walkers. Rick shut the gate and everyone pulled out their guns shooting the walkers. I smiled as the last one fell.

Carl and I ran around laughing. "We haven't had this much space since we left the farm," Carol said touching the grass.

As night fell we sat around the campfire. We ate something Daryl found. I picked at my food thinking about our new home. "Ellie, you gonna eat?" Carl asked. I shook my head handing him my bowl. He gladly took it was about to eat it when Lori sent him a glare.

"Ellie eat." She demanded.

Carl sighed handing me my food back. I stared aimlessly at it. "I'm not hungry," I said.

T-Dog frowned. "C'mon little Dixon." He said. I didn't answer. "I'm tired." I stood up. Daryl stood on top of a flipped truck. I climbed up to him. I sat down and Carol and him talked as I awkwardly sat there.

Carol and Daryl got close, I think they like each other but they both deny it. I laid back closing my eyes. "Ellie why don't you sleep by the group." I shook my head. "Why not?" He bent down to me.

"You used to love being around them." He sat down pulling me close to him. "They're not like me," I said. "Us." I looked up at him.

"No one said they would be."

"I love you to the moon." I yawned. "I love you to the stars." He kissed my forehead.

I fell asleep to the sound of Beth's singing.

~

The next morning I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I ran my hands threw my hair. My feet hit the wet grass. Everyone was still asleep except Glenn who was taking watch. I walked over to him and he leaned on me. "You know, you're like a mini armrest." He said looking out on the distance.

"You know, you're like a walking egg roll." I smiled.

He shook his head. "You hang out with Daryl to much." He laughed. I nodded. "Hey, Glenn," I said picking at my nails.

"Yes."

"Do you think that was really my mom at the farm? Yeah, it looked like her, but, I didn't really feel it was her." I looked up at him. He didn't reply. "I don't know." He looked down at me. "I don't know."

I nodded and walked back up to camp where everyone was getting up. Carl handed me a fruit snack out of his bag. I smiled taking it from him.

Lori stared at us and when I made eye contact with her she turns quickly.

We all walked over to the fence. I stabbed any Walker that got close. The fence rattled and rattled.

"I can't see them," Lori said. I stood my tippy toes thinking I would be able to see.

Finally, they came to get us. We all gathered our things and walked inside the building.

Daryl called the guard watch thing.

I walked up the stairs to find a cell. Carl followed Beth in a cell with Hershel hot on his tail. I held in my laugh and opened the cell on the end.

Carl found my room a few moments after. "Hey, roommate." He smiled at me. I stared at him hanging from the top bunk.

"You're on the bottom," I said flipping where I was laying on my back. "Yes, ma'am." He sat his stuff down. "You want to go explore the cell block?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I yawned.

"Okay. I'll be back." He skipped out of our room.

~

As the night rolled around I was staring at the blank ceiling. I heard faint sniffles and I looked down. Carl was asleep. I noticed tears running down his face.

"Carl?" I said.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Sorry." He mumbled. I laughed at him. "It's okay." I nodded rolling back to my bed.

"You think Sophia made it to Heaven?" He asked. "I thought you didn't believe in Heaven?" I said. "I changed my mind." He said.

I nodded.

It was quite for a while.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"She made it." I closed my eyes letting SLEEP take over me.