Elsewhere |27|

*A few days later*

Ellie Moore

I kicked the dirt under my feet looking for some type of water. Life was getting harder. There were fewer and fewer resources. Rick whistled at me and I shook my head. His head hung low as we walked back to our make shift camp. After the Church, we lost Beth and Tyrese.

Carl stopped talking to me. I barley try to talk to him. He always nods or shrugs. My feet scrapped against the ground and I felt a hand grab mine. Carl stood next to me but didn't say anything.

He looked at the ring on my finger and squeezed my hand. I watched Daryl walk away from the group with Carol. "Can you hold Judith?" Carl spoke handing me the baby. I bounced her in my hip as we walked. She occasionally hiccuped and I would smile at her cuteness.

"I miss us," Carl said. I looked up. "What do you mean?" I questioned him. "I've been distant. I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead. "Oh, it's okay. I guess." I shrugged.

~

Thunder roared above us. I thought to myself about how much I would love it to rain. I sat next to this boy named Noah.

He was older than me.

Around Patrick's age. "There was this boy I knew." He started his story. "He was the nicest person you would ever meet." Noah shook his head. "I wonder what happened to him?"

"I pray he's still alive." I smiled. "I had a friend once." I looked down. "She understood everything thing I said. She never judged me because she knew what I went through." I held back my tears. "What I would do to talk to her again." I sighed looking at the dark clouds.

Carl turned to look at me. "Who?"

I shrugged. "Not important." He nodded and turned back around. "Who was it?" Noah asked. "His mom," I whispered. A small smile formed on Carl's lips as he heard my words. Soon Daryl came back and shook his head. 

I think to myself every day what if I died. Would it make everything different? I closed my eyes and leaned back.

My body was pulled closer to Carl. I laid my head on his shoulder. "What do you miss?" He asked. "Before the apocalypse." "Nothing," I said truly. "If this never happened I wouldn't have you." I looked into his eyes. "We went to the same school." Carl laughed.

"But you didn't like me." I smiled. I heard growling and pulled out my bow. 5 dogs ran out from the woods snarling at us. Sasha killed them and we all looked at each other.

Rick grabbed a stick and broke it.

~

Back on the road again we walked along the road. I walked next to Noah and we laughed telling stories.

Of course, Carl was mad.

He would look back at us and roll his eyes. I would stop laughing when he looked at me then began to chuckle again when he would turn back around. He walked over to Alexis and said something. She turned to look at me and then looked at him.  I rolled my eyes and Alexis walked towards Noah. I sighed going towards Carl.

Rick stopped us and we looked down at a case of waters. I bent down opening one. Rick hit it out my hand. I rolled my eyes. "I was checking if there was a smell." I defended myself.