Elsewhere |20|

Ellie Moore

I walked next to Michonne and I told her things I used to do before the apocalypse. "Well, Ellie, I think you and I are the same." She laughed. I smiled, "You think?"

"Mmhm, when I was about your age I was just like you." She said slicing the head off a walker. "So, tell me about this Carl." She laughed. I shrugged. "No much to say." Michonne shook her head. "Somethings up with you two."

I laughed. "Carl's too immature to be in a relationship with me, and he knows that."

"Whatever." She walked away and I followed her up to Rick. Carl smiled my way and I turned. He rolled his eyes.

~

"Where's Daryl?" I asked Rick. He didn't reply and I crossed my arms. "Rick?" I said my mind wondering what could have happened.

He didn't answer he just stared aimlessly. "If you don't tell me, I'll just go find him myself." I shrugged grabbing my backpack. I waited for Rick to stop me but he didn't instead he walked me out.

I turned back to look at him.

"You're s big girl Ellie." Rick leaned against the gate. "I'm sure you can handle yourself." Rick looked at the ground. "You don't have to be brave for Carl."

"I'm not doing this for Carl," I said. Rick laughed, "You tell yourself that to hide from the truth." I shook my head. "He knows how I feel about him, and I know how he feels. But, that doesn't help the fact that I don't think it's the right time to start a relationship with him. He needs to mature." I fixed the strap on my bag and turned walking off.

Rick doesn't know me.

I was never close to Rick as I was Lori. I told Lori everything. Rick doesn't know what it's like. Sure, he was Carl's age before but, does that mean he knows what it like for Carl.

The poor boy killed his mom!

I think he needs to stay out of my relationship with Carl.

I huffed stabbing a walker in the head.

I wondered in the woods for miles and miles. Trying to find a sign of where the hell Daryl went.

It was peaceful though. Being alone from all the drama the prison brought. My mind wandered to my happy place.

"Hey, Elliepop!" His annoying voice said. I couldn't help but smile when I saw his eyes sparkling.

"Hey Crayon," I said.

"What if I told you I saw walker that looks like Zac Efron." He laughed. I shook my head. "I'd ask you where and then I'd kidnap it."

"Well, follow me." He let his hand grab mine pulling me up. I smiled following him to the gate. He pointed and the only thing I saw was walkers.

"I don't see it." I shrugged.

"Looks more like Nick Jonas."

"The same thing, right?" Carl looked at me. "No, Zac Efron is more important!" I laughed at his stupidness. "Whatever." He rolled his eyes leaning towards me.

I came back from my daydream and saw a figure in front of me. "Michonne!" I yelled. She turned and looked at me. She ran towards me. "What are you doing out here?" She said confused.

"I'm looking for Daryl," I explained. "He just came through here a couple of moments ago." She said bending down. "I got to go to him," I said trying to run past.