Elsewhere |19|

Ellie Moore

"We're not leaving."

"We can't stay here."

"What if there's another sniper a wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds?"

"We can't even go outside."

"Not it the daylight."

"Rick says we're not running. We're not running."

"No, better to live like rats," Merle said from his cell. "You gotta better idea," Rick said angered by his words. "Yeah, we should have slid out of here last night and live to fight another day." Merle leaned against the rail hitting me in the shoulder.

"But we lost that window didn't we?"

I shushed him.

"I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now."

"We ain't scared of that prick," I said and Daryl agreed. "Y'all should be," Merle said. "That's truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers."

Hershel started yelling at Rick and Merle laughed. I hit him through the rails and told him to stop.  "Now do something," Hershel said to Rick.

I grabbed Carl's shirt and pulled him into my cell. "We need to do something," I told him. His eyes grew wide. "Like, uh, what?" He said confused. "Go talk to your dad." I pushed him out of the room.

~

I sat outside and played with my fingers. "Aye Lil Dixon." My eyes widen and I turned around. I was expecting T-Dog but it was just Carl. I frowned and looked at the ground.

"Wow." He rolled his eyes.

"Glad to see you're happy to see me." Carl laughed sitting next to me. "I don't like being called that." I played with the grass.

"Sure you do." He said wrapping an arm around me. I shrugged it off. "No, I prefer not to be called that," I said.

Carl sighed.

"You're breaking the promise." I looked up at him, "Why do you care? I didn't make the promise to you!" I stood up walking away. "Ellie wait." He grabbed my hand.

"Don't don't this." Carl looked in my eyes. I sighed. "I need some time away," I said holding his hand. "I'm not going to leave you."

"I made you that promise." I pulled him in and hugged him.

~

I trailed along the gates killing a few walkers. I looked up at Carl who kept watch. He pointed out the tall grass and I saw Andrea. I ran towards Carl and he pulled me towards him. Rick and the others ran out and we all held our guns. "Are you alone?" Rick yelled at her. "Rick!" She yelled. He looked at her. "Are you alone!" He yelled again.

"Yes!" She yelled. We opened the gates and she came in. Rick nodded at me and I pushed her against the gates. "Turn around!" He said holding her.

"What?" She was confused.

Michonne glared at her and we all walked into the prison. Andrea hugged Carol and we all sat down.

"I can't believe this? Where's Shane?" Andrea said looking around. No one replied, "And Lori?" She said. I coughed shaking my head giving her the hint. Andrea nodded mumbling sorry.  "Carl." She said he didn't even move he just stared at the ground. 

I walked towards our cell block opening the gate and I shut it. Carl followed behind me. I stopped and looked at him. "I like you too." I kissed his cheek and walked to my cell.

~

"Where's Carl?" I said jumping from the last set of stairs. Alexis smirked at me and I gave her a weird look. "He's out with Rick and Michonne," Merle said fixing his hand/weapon.

I nodded.

Maggie whistled and I turned. "Follow me." She said pulling my arm. I nodded and waved to the group. "You seem close to Carl." She said. I shrugged. "That's my best friend." Maggie nodded slowly. I looked up at her. "I don't like him like that!" I protested.

"Never said you did," Maggie said smiling.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, maybe a little," I said. She looked down at me and clapped. "Told you so," Alexis said. I quickly turned and Alexis danced around.

"Let's not tell Carl this," I said. Beth, Maggie, and Alexis zipped their lips. I laughed and we all walked inside the prison.

~

"Carl, Ellie, come here," Glenn said as we all got our weapons ready. I slid my gun in my pocket and walked over to Glenn.

"You two go stash these at the loading dock. All right?" Carl grabbed the box of ammo. I followed him and laced our fingers together. He blushed and looked at our hands. I smiled and blushed as well.

Beth made googly eyes at me as I walked by her. I kicked her lightly and she laughed.

"We should go pay a visit to the governor. We know where he is." Merle said. I rolled my eyes. "I don't think that's a good idea," I spoke up. Merle glared at me. "Don't get smart."

I nodded helping Carl. "Don't let him bully you," Carl whispered. "It's Merle no getting through to him." I sighed looking into his eyes. I stared and then Carl turned away to look at Merle. "My dad can handle himself." He said grabbing my hand walking away. I didn't say anything and just followed him.

"Sorry son, but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon," Merle said making the matter worse. I closed my eyes and stopped walking. "Don't ever talk to him like that." I looked straight into Merle eyes. A small smile formed on his lips as he winked. I rolled my eyes and Carl opened our cell.

"I'm sorry," I said.

Carl didn't reply he just laid down. I sat down lifting up his head. He looked into my eyes and leaned in. I quickly leaned back and looked down. 

"It's okay."

I looked up.

Why is this awkward?

"Cause it's my brother out there that's why?" I heard Merle yell. I stood up walking out the cell to see what happened. "I'm not gonna let you put them in danger." He said in Glenn's face. I grabbed my bow, knife, and arrows following him out the door. Carl grabbed my hand turning me around. He shook his head. "I'm not going anywhere," I said kissing his cheek.

He nodded letting me go. I went to follow but Glenn grabbed me. I struggled to get away and I yelled for Merle. He turned and looked at me coming back. "Let go of her." He said.

Glenn shook his head. "She's not going."

I scoffed. "You don't control her," Merle said yanking me away. I ran into the wall and Glenn tackled Merle.

Michonne and Maggie pulled them apart and I rolled my eyes. 

~

"We're going to war," Rick said walking away. I turned to Daryl and he looked down at me. No one said anything and we all walked away preparing for the upcoming war.