Elsewhere |38|

Ellie Moore

I woke up at Alexis with a headache. "Well good morning sunshine." Alexis laughed. I groaned and sat up looking around.

"Why am I here?" I questioned.

"You randomly showed up." Alexis laughed at me. Maggie came in and smiled at me. "You two get dress, we have a meeting in the church."

I stood up. "May I borrow some clothing?" I stoop up. Alexis nodded and finding some clothes as well. I went to the bathroom passing Glenn on the way. I changed and looked at my appearance. I must but my hair in a bun last night. One of my braids were still done, just messy.

I met up with the group in the church and Carl walked over to me

I met up with the group in the church and Carl walked over to me. "Whats this about?" I yawned leaning into him. "A war." He answered my question.

"Ugh."

"Everyone sit down!" Michonne said as people piled in. Rick began to speak about a group called the Hilltop.

To me it sounded like a bunch of jokes, but I guess it was real. He than brought up a group of the name Saviors. Lead by Negan.

The name sounded familiar, I'm pretty sure I heard it. Maybe it's just one of those names.

After a group decision everyone began to get ready. I was planning on staying home from this battle. I think it's time for me to be a teenager and not kill people.

I walked with Daryl and he looked at me. I looked up. "What?" I asked. He shook his head. "You look just like you're dad." He smiled shaking his head.

"What was his name?" I said. Daryl thought. "Hell I don't know, I barley paid attention to him." Daryl said. It was a lie. I could always tell it.

I didn't feeling like pressuring it so I moved on.

"Mom said I had his smile." I looked down. "Said it was a smile you'd get lost into and end up doing something stupid."

"Dangerous." I pushed a fallen strand of hair away.

We walked past Carl and I watched him. "Go." He pointed. I looked back at Daryl. "Go spend the night with him." Daryl hugged me.

I ran towards Carl who wrapped his arms around me. "I'm hungry." I smiled brightly. He laughed nodding. "Ice cream?"

My eyes lit up and we went into his house. We both walked in the kitchen and Rick had Judith in her high chair.

She reached out for me and I laughed. "My adorable little girl." I kissed her forehead.

"Ewie." She giggled.

Rick smiled at me walking away. I sighed. "I don't think your dad likes me anymore." I said sitting down. "I mean you did call my mom a whore." He laughed.

"I loved Lori!" I raised my voice. "I know you do." He said. "She just did a lot of stupid things." I shrugged.

"Like get pregnant?" He turned.

"One of the many things." I turned to face him. "What else?" He walked closer. "Secrets." I winked. He rolled his eyes grabbed a bowl.

"How many scoops?" Carl asked.

"4."

"That's a lot." He laughed shaking his head. "Yup!" I smiled. Judith was banging on the table with her spoon. "Judy stop please." Carl said.

She continued banging and I covered my ears. Rick came down the steps, "Judith stop!" He yelled.

It went dead silent.

Judith looked scared and hurt. Carl was shocked at what happened. "I think it's nap time." I awkwardly stood up grabbing the girl.

I wiped the fallen tear off her face head upstairs.

The door slammed shut and Rick had left. Carl followed up the stairs and handed me my bowl of ice cream. I thanked him and I put a little on my spoon giving some to Judith.

"I think you'll be the perfect mom." Carl sat down in the rocking chair. I blushed a little, "Why?"

Carl laughed. "You treat her like she's yours."

"I told Lori I would." I said. "No you didn't." He said. "That's what I meant when I promised her." I looked up. Carl nodded smiling at me. "I love you."

"I love you too."

A few hour later, we were reading books to Judith trying to make her sleep. She would budge, she kept giggling and waving her hands. "Sing to her." Carl said laying back.

I hummed the tune of the song I wrote for Carl. Judith leaned back on me closing her eyes.

I stood up put her in her bed. She curled her legs up and grabbed the blanket. "Goodnight baby." I kissed her.

Carl and I left the room and went to the living room. "I invite Enid and Alexis." Carl said. "They were at the door earlier. I told them come back at midnight hoping Judith would be asleep."

I nodded.

"It's almost time." I looked at the clock. Carl sat down turning on the radio. "Sit." He said. I sat next to him and we waited for the girls.

~

The next morning, I woke up at my house. I went downstairs and Daryl still wasn't here.

I opened the door and Alexis was out there. "Is Daryl here?" She asked frantically.

I shook my head. "Maggie?" I asked. "Is she here?"

"No."

"Maybe Carl knows something." I said trying to find hope. "Ellie, no ones backs!" Alexis yelled. "Calm down!" I yelled back her.

People looked over at us.

"You're gonna make the others worry too." I shushed my voice.

"I'll go to Carl's." I said grabbing a pair of shoes. "You try to make everyone think it's okay and that they are one the way home." I said shutting the door.

I headed over to Carl's. I knocked on the door and he answered. "They're not back." He said. I nodded. "Alexis is freaking out." I whispered.

"Has anyone contacted you?" I asked crossing my arms. "No, but you stay her with Judy, I'm gonna talk to some of the others." Carl put his hat on leaving. I entered the house.

Judith was crying from upstairs and I ran towards her. "Hi baby." I said letting her out.

She hugged on to me. "Where's daddy?" She asked. "He's okay, sweetie." I assured. I know Rick and I know he wouldn't get the group killed.

I know they are still alive.