Elsewhere |14|

Carl Grimes

I stared at the blonde girl in front of me. She sat at the end of my bed writing in a small journal. Her green/blue eyes scanning over what she wrote.

Occasionally she would look up causing me to look down. Took off my hat running hand threw my hair.

"Stop looking at me." She said. "Sorry Honey Nut Cheerios." I smiled. Ellie looked up rolling her eyes. "I'm going to hang out with Lori." Ellie got up walking out the cell. I laughed and when she left I grabbed the journal.

"I forgot my journal." She ran back in. I held it out for her sighing. "Nice try, Crayon." Her pink tongue stuck out as she ran off.

I laid back admiring Ellie as if she was in the room.

You don't like her.

But I do.

She's trouble.

That makes her interesting.

Deciding to talk to Beth I walked down the hall to her cell. "Hey, Beth." I smiled. "Hi, Carl." Her eyes lit up. "Do you need more advice on Ellie?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"No, I'm here to talk to you about non-Ellie things," I said. Her eyes widened. "Um, well, what is it?" She said nervously.

I gave her a confused expression. "I don't know. What do you usually talk about with your friends?" I asked sitting next to her.

"Uh, mostly shopping or horses." Beth blushed. I nodded. "Do you read comic books?" I asked. Beth shook her head. I frowned. "Ellie does." She said.

I nodded. "Crayon!" Ellie yelled. "Elliepop!" I yelled back. My mom laughed and I waved to Beth. "We're going outside, go get Beth." My mom said.

I nodded running upstairs to tell Beth.

Ellie Moore

We all walked outside. T-dog ran towards me. "Lil Dixon!" He yelled. I laughed running towards him. He picked me and spun me.

"Now tell Uncle T why you haven't talked to him in 2 days," T-dog said. "Because you haven't called me Lil Dixon." I crossed my arms.

"Fair enough." He put me down and Daryl walked over to me. I handed him a squirrel I got a few hours ago.

He smiled and winked. "That's my girl." He high-fived me. Everything was perfect. The sun beamed down on us and everyone smiled. All of a sudden, groans were heard all around. I pulled out my arrow shooting the one closets to Carl. Lori grabbed my hand pulling me into the building. She started to scream. Maggie's eyes went wide with terror.

"The baby's coming!!" I yelled.

"Ellie cover us!" Maggie said handing me her gun. I shot walkers coming near us as we all piled in a room.

"Where's Daryl?" I said looking around.

Maggie didn't answer she just stare at Lori, who laid on the ground in pain. Carl sat by her holding her hand. I screamed at Maggie telling her to do something.

She just stood there. Finally, Lori told her that she needs a C-section. Maggie nodded and searched for her knife.

Lori grabbed Carl's hand. "You see my old C-section scar?" Maggie shook her mumbling she can't. I held back my tears trying to be strong. "Carl? Baby, I don't want you to be scared, okay?" She said. "This is what I want. This is right."

"Now you.. you take care of your daddy for me, all right? And this baby. Also, keep Ellie safe. She tries to act brave but she's not." Lori laughed. I smiled tears rolling down my cheek.

"You don't have to do this." Carl choked out. "You're gonna be fine," Lori said. I turned around not being able to see this. "You are gonna beat this world. I know you will."

"You are smart, and you are strong, and you are so brave, and I love you," Lori said. I couldn't handle it. I broke down. My knees gave out and I fell to the ground.

"Ellie?" Lori said. I nodded as I couldn't say anything. "Keep being you." She said. "Don't change your attitude, personality, anything."

"Promise me." She said.

"I promise."

"Goodnight love," Lori whispered.

I covered my ears and let my head fall in my lap. I let myself go to my happy place breathing in and out.

"Ellie!" Lori yelled running towards me. I ran towards her. We were at the farm. She laughed as we ran into each other falling down. I laid my head on the grass looking at the clouds.

"What are you thinking?" She asked knowing that I'm thinking about something without me telling her. "I'm glad I got to meet you." I smiled looking up at her. She nodded. "I'm glad I got to meet you too." She hugged me and slowly faded away.

I came back to the sound of a baby. Maggie handed her to me. I looked down at her and smiled.

"Hi," I said looking down at the girl. She stopped crying and yawned snuggling into me. I laughed and Maggie cried looking at Lori.

"Maggie!" Carl yelled.

Maggie didn't say anything and left. I looked at Carl. "I can stay if you want?" I said. He shook his head and I nodded. "I'm sorry."

I walked into the courtyard and sat down crying. I held the baby and Rick ran towards me. "Where's Lori?" He asked.

I couldn't reply. I cried harder and Daryl bent down to comfort me. He looked in my arms at the baby. "Carl?" He said once Carl came out. Rick grabbed an ax and threw it. Beth came over to grab the baby from my arms. I stood up and handed it to her.

I instantly hugged Daryl and cried. "T-Dog?" I asked looking around for him. He shook his head. I cried harder and everyone cried as well.

Ellie
Rick
Daryl
Carl
Glenn

The remaining survivors.

The Atlanta group...