Elsewhere |11|

Ellie Moore

"They're going to kill him," I told Carl. He nodded and kicked to rocks. "Do you think that's right?" I asked as we walked farther into the woods. "Carl?" I tried to get his attention.

"Carl." I looked over at him. He was staring at the mud so I looked where he was looking. A walker stood there, stuck in the mud. I raised my bow and was about to shoot when Carl stopped me. "One second." He walked over to it.

"Carl! Are you stupid?" I whispered.

He turned to me. "I'll be okay." He said. "One more step and I'm leaving," I said. Carl smirked and took a step. I rolled my eyes and walked away. Carl ran towards me a few moments after. I turned to him. "Let me guess you left it." I shook my head.

"It's not like it could get out anyway." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever," I said walking away.

~

After taking a vote the adult decided on killing Randel. I was mad and Carl was nowhere to be found. I was told to stay away from the barn. I watched them drag Randel on the barn and I waited for the gunshot but it never came. Daryl held Randel as they took him back to the original place where they held him.

Shane was mad.

Carl walked out of the barn and smiled at me. I smiled back mouthing thank you. Rick explained to the group the news and Andrea went to tell Dale. Suddenly there was an ear-piercing scream. It sounded like Dale. I took off running and towards the scream but Daryl pulled me back.

I saw the Walker Carl was supposed to kill. I cried and tried to get closer but Daryl still held me back. "Dale." I kept repeating.

Andrea fell to the ground.

I screamed for Hershel and he finally came. But, there was nothing he could do. Everyone was crying. I leaned down and kissed his forehead.

Rick pulled out his gun.

But couldn't shoot him. I pulled out my knife stabbing him in the head. Everyone was surprised by my actions. I didn't say a word and I walked away.

~

I stood by Dales grave next to everyone in the group.

I kissed the book he gave me and set it on his grave. "Thank you," I whispered. Rick patted my shoulder.

I went back over to Daryl and hugged him. He rubbed my back and I cried. Soon everyone walked away. Daryl stayed with me and Andrea. "He's somewhere better," I assured her.

~

I packed my things as we were moving into the house. I walked in and sat on the couch. I didn't talk to anyone, I just sat there watching people move around me. We lost so much and now we lost Dale. Dale was the most logical person here. He understood things.

I refuse to make any contact with Carl. It's his fault Dale died. He had the chance to kill him. But he wimped out. "Lil Dixon!" T-Dog hugged me. "Why haven't you talk to me today?" He said. "I've been busy," I said with no emotion. He sighed.

"Don't close up." T-Dog sighed. "It took you so long for you to talk to any of us." He rubbed my shoulder. "Dale would want you to be strong."