Elsewhere |28|

Ellie Moore

Carl and I walked through the town with Judith. My fingers were intertwined with his and he pushed the stroller with the other. "Do you like it here?" He asked. I nodded and put my head on his shoulder. "It's quiet." I sighed. Rick ran towards us and told us that he wants us to meet Jesse's kid. He's a year older than us but we agreed.

Rick took Judith and we followed him to the house. He yelled to Alexis as well who was walking out of her house. She followed us and he talked about how we need to expand our social group.

Jesse smiled at us. "Ron!" She yelled. A boy with blonde hair ran down the stairs and smiled. "This is Ricks son." Jesse smiled at us. "Hey," Ron said looking at me. Carl clenched his jaw and moved his hand around my waist. "Oh, are you two a thing?" He said.

"Yeah," I answered. "Well," Ron said. "Follow me." We followed him up the stairs. "Hey, guys this is...?" Ron looked at us.

"Carl, Alexis, and Ellie," Carl said. "This is Carl, Alexis, and Ellie." He smiled at us. "This is Mikey and Enid."  Carl stared at the girl and Mikey walked over to me but Ron pushed him back. "They're a thing." He whispered.

Mikey backed away. My eyes flickered to Carl and his face was red. I squeezed his hand and he shook his head. "Let's play some video games." I sat next to Enid and she looked at me. I smiled and she turned. Alexis looked at me and shrugged.

~

"Hey, Ellie," Ron said causing me to turn. I waited for him to catch up. "Where's your boyfriend?" He asked as we walked. "I don't know." I shrugged. "Wanna come hang with Mikey and I? We're playing poker." He said. I bit my cheek. "I'm down." I nodded.

We began walking to his house and I noticed Glenn and this guy yelling at each other. I ran over there. I got in between. "Glenn calm down," I whispered.

Glenn breathed heavily. The man laughed behind me. "Who are you?" He asked. I turned. "Ellie, What's it to ya?" I crossed my arms.

He bent down in my face. "You're just a little girl." He spat. I wiped the water from my face. "I'm gonna polite about this."

"You have 10 seconds to step the fuck back before I rip your goddamn throat out." I threatened. Daryl ran towards us and pulled my arm. "Walk away." He said. I rolled my eyes and backed up.

Aiden laughed,  "Listen to your Uncle, Ellie." I clenched my fist and Carl grabbed my hand. "Calm down." He whispered. I took a deep breath.  "Rick and his people are a part of the community now!" Deanna yelled. I looked at the gate and Enid walked towards us. Carl stared at her.

After Deanna's speech, we all walked away. I waited for Carl to come but he walked over to Enid. Ron grabbed my wrist. "Don't worry about him." He said. I nodded and followed Ron to his house. I laid on his bed. "Where's Mikey?" I said.

Ron shrugged. "He should be here." I slowly nodded and Carl barged in the room.  "Ellie let's go!" He grabbed my arm. I stood up confused. "Where are we going?" I asked following him to his house. Rick gave us a confused look as we ran up the stairs.

Carl pushed open a random door and dragged me in. Once he shut the door he slammed his hand against the wall. "What the hell was that?!" He yelled waving his hand in the air. "What are you talking about?" I said.

He shook his head.

I waited for an answer. "Why were you with him?" He lowered his voice. "I'm not allowed to have friends!" I yelled. "You can have friends!" He raised his voice. "Seems like I can't! You got mad I was hanging out with Noah! Now I hang out with Ron and you still hate me!" I pushed him.

Carl pinned me against the wall. "Don't lay your hands on me." He growled. "Or what?" I challenged.

Carl grabbed my face and kissed me. "I'm in love with you." I kissed him back and it turned into a make-out session.

Daryl and Rick walked in and I pulled back. "Listen, we really don't think you two should be together without an adult," Rick said and Daryl nodded.