Elsewhere |10|

Ellie Moore

Silence.

Silence surrounded the farm.

I sat on a tire swing that Alexis showed me. I could see the whole farm from here. Carol cried into Loris's chest. My heart ached for her. But I was also feeling sorry for myself. My mom was gone. My last family. I had Daryl but he's not like my mom. He's more of the fun uncle than a dad.

"Hey, Lil Dixon," T-Dog said. I looked up. "Hi." I smiled slightly. "You alright? You've been up here a while." He said sitting in front of me.

I didn't answer.

"I got you something." He reached in his bag and pulled out a bow. I stared at it. "I'm assuming you lost yours," T-Dog said.

He held it out and I took it. "Did you get-" He cut me off by handing me the arrows. I smiled and stood up. I pulled the string back and let the arrow fly through the apple hanging from the tree.

T-Dog smiled.

"I have faith in you, Lil Dixon." He nodded standing up.

~

"Daryl." I stepped into the RV. "Lori said the ceremony is ready," I said. Daryl nodded and we stepped out. I walked up to Carl and stood next to him. Red lines surrounded the blue orbs that I looked forward to seeing every morning.

After the ceremony, I stood there. Everyone left. I stayed to think about my mom a little longer. "I love you," I whispered before I walked over to Sophia's grave. "I'll keep him safe." I bent down.

~

"Hershel's missing," Rick told me. "He's what?" I said. "Missing." Rick stopped walking. I shook my head. "Any idea where he's at?" I asked.

"Maggie thinks the Bar, we're going to go check," Rick said.

"We?" I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Glenn and I." He answered. I nodded. "Keep an eye on Shane and Lori." He demanded. "Lori can handle herself." I laughed. "Ellie, can you keep a secret?" He bent down.

"I'm good with secrets." I smiled. "Loris pregnant." He said. My smile faded. "How?" I asked. "That's a question for your mo-." Rick stopped talking and frowned.

I sighed nodding.

"I'll keep things in line," I said. "Thanks." Rick patted my shoulder.

~

"Carl!" I yelled.

He stopped walking. "What?" He rolled his eyes. "What's wrong with you?" I crossed my arms. "What's wrong with me!" Carl yelled. I stepped back. "I just lost the girl I like." He whispered. I looked down. "Let me show you something." I grabbed his hand.

I took him up the hill and sat him on the swing. "It's a tire swing?" Carl said trying to sound surprised. I sighed.

"Alexis showed me it. She said it helps when you have problems that you want a quiet place to think about them."