Chapter 23

***Liam's POV***

          "Father," I inquired once Raine was asleep.

          "Yes, Liam," he asked.

          "Do you really have someone waiting for me back at Zufairia?"

That question has been bugging me like no other. How couldn't it? It's not like my father to do something like that. It's just not him.

          "No."

          "No," I questioned him raising my eyeborws in complete and utter confusion.

          "That's what I said, didn't I? Rocky was the one who actually came to me telling me to send for you to come home. She had a feeling you were close to finding her. She was right," he finished looking over to where Raine slept.

          "God she's smart," I muttered to myself.

          "She's just like your Mother," Father told me.

          "She is, how so," I asked wondering how Rocky is like Mother. If I know anything, those two are complete opposties.

          "She knew that I was in love with her before I knew it myself. You're just like I was too. I never wanted to stop partying and playing around with women. That was until your mother came into the equation," he said telling me a piece of Mother and Father's past.

          "They're not so different after all," I stated.

          "Not at all, my son."

                                                         ***A little while later***

Not much longer now. We'll be home soon. Home; oh how I haven't been there in so long. I miss Cal and Rocky so much. It feels like forever since I've seen them. I miss Dem also. He's going to be surprised that we're not going to be wingmen anymore. He'll be proud of me though especially after he sees Raine. I should probably steer her clear of him afther that past thought though.

          "What's with the scowl," Raine asked handing me a coffee.

          "Oh, nothing," I told her hoping she'd just brush it off.

          "Oh, really," she asked not convinced by my efforts.

          "Uhh, fine. It's Dem," I admitted.

          "What about him," she inquired not understanding where this was going.

          "I'm worried he's going to take you away from me," I told her getting embarrassed when she started to laugh at me.

          "Do you not trust me enough to turn down your player of a cousin," she asked sobering up from laughing.

          "Well.....no," I admitted.

          "Then there you go," she told me.

          "Never thought you of the kind of guy who thinks they're going to loose their lady," Father commented.

          "I'm not," I grumbled slouching down in my plane seat even more.

          "Sure you aren't," he teased taking his seat across from mine.

          "Shut up," I grumbled even more.

          "Liam, tell me about Zufairia," Raine said when we were closer to home.

I smiled down at her and cuddled with her tighter. "It's the best. It always seems like I'm dreaming and when I wake up it'll all be gone. Even though it's a tiny island, it's wealthy and very beautiful. Everywhere you look, there's lush, green land. In some parts it's hilly while it's flat in other areas. There's water all around us. There's this secret tunnel in the palace which leads you to the beach less than 5 minutes away. It's absolutely magnificent. Many of our people get their wealth from various jobs. We have many lawyers, doctors, and teacher. They get paid very well. They're highly needed too in many of the smaller villages around Zufairia. The other jobs that other people have, get paid good amounts also. The people here are happy. We have complaints about all the taxes and the tuition for school like any other country, but that's normal. You'll love it; I just know it," I explained to her with a smile on my face the entire time I explained to her about my home.

          "Sounds amazing," she breathed out zoning out just thinking about what it looks like.

          "It is."

          "Liam, Raine, we're here," Father announced.

          "Are we really King Thomas," Raine asked Father nervously.

          "Yes we are my child. There's no reason to be nervous," h told here.

          "What if they don't like me," she asked him her voice cracking and raw with emotion.

          "They will," he said giving her a kiss on the cheek and heading down the plane steps and into the fire of cameras flashing.

                                                                 ***Raine's POV***

There were so many cameras flashing. I felt overwhelmed. it was as though I was stepping off the plane after Starr's death all those years ago. I felt hot and like my lungs were being cut off of their supply. I felt like I was going to pass out before someone's hand wrapped around mine; Liam's. I felt stronger with his hand in my own. With his reassurance of our hand-holding, together we made our way through the slew of the cameras, reporters, and camera crews.

Once afther we made it into the palace after 10 minutes of shoving our way through the crowds, I fiercely kissed him. He need to know how greatful I am for him being here for me. I couldn't have made it out without him. One more thing to add to my list on why I love him so much. We kissed and kissed to our hearts' desires. That is, until his family broke us apart. Now that's one great first impression.