Chapter 21

***Liam's POV***

Yup, I'm screwed; Royally screwed that is. He wasn't supposed to be here yet! From the way it sounded on the phone, he wouldn't be here for another day or two. Guess he had other ideas in mind. That's not even the worst of it. I love Raine dearly, but we both look like complete shit. Her hair is laid in every direction. I take blame for that. She also has my oversized shirt on which covers her short shorts that she has on. Not to mention both of our swollen lips that we are sporting. Though I do't have have a shirt on so I can't say very much.

The door opened all the way with my father just standing there. He looked from Raine, who was starting to hide be, to myself. That look in his eyes said it all; he knew what we were doing and he wasn't pleased with it one bit. Yea, so screwed.

          "Father, I can ex-," I starting to try to explain to him but with a raised hand he stopped me.

          "Liam, we need to leave now. Pack you things," he ordered then started to leave.

          "No, I still have 2 weeks left," I courageously told him.

          "What did you say, my boy," he questioned me with an arched eyebrow.

          "Sir, he said 'no'," Raine told him speaking up. Raine, for the love of God please quiet your mouth!!

          "And who do you think you are," he asked taking a step towards her. I shielded her, but she pulled away and stepped in front of me.

          "I am Raine."

          "Well Raine, I don't think you have any voice in this matter as you are not family," Father told her.

          "Well then, I guess you'll need to be throwing me a welcoming party as I'm 'family' now," she smartly retorted.

He looked over towards me with a questioning glance.

          "How are we family, my dear?"

          "First off, don't call me 'my dear', you sound like a creepy old man. And second off, I'm Liam's fiancee," she honestly told him.  He looked taken back by her brashness.

          "Fiancee, you say," he inquired with a hint of anger.

          "Yes Father, fiancee. I asked her to marry me and become my Queen," I boldly told him.

          "I see,: he mused. I couldn't read his body language to know what he was feeling or thinking for that matter. What must he be thinking? "This is a bit of a problem," he finally said.

          "How come, Mr. King," Raine asked. Mr.King, Raine, really?!

          "I already have a pleasant young woman waiting in Zufairia for Liam," he told her.

          "Over my dead body, Father. The deal was that I find a girl who loves me and I have her to be my wife and the Queen of Zufairia. Guess what, I found her. She's standing right here," I yelled grabbing Raine roughly by the shoulders accidentally making her fall. 

          "Liam, watch it," she glared at me.

          "Sorry, Love," I appologized as I picked her up by the waist and set her feet onto the ground not before pecking her cheek making her blush.

          "It's fine," she smiled up at me as she placed my hands around her.

I could feel my fahter's eyes on us. "You love her don't you,Liam," he observed.

          "I'd be a fool if I didn't," I admitted.

          "And you love him, Raine," he aksed.

          "Yes I do, Sir," she answered him. "You know, I should really figure out what to call you," she mused.

          "Call me King Thomas," he told her. That definitely was a shock to me. When we usually meet  new people, he tells them to call him King Zufairia. Only certain people can call him King Thomas; I guess Raine is just a special girl.

          "Okie dokie!"

          "Raine, what would you say about coming to Zufairia?"

          "Why would you ever want me to go," she inquired.

          "If you love my son like you said you do, you have to learn our ways," he told her.

Oh Father, what are you up to?

          "I do love him King Thomas, but what about my schooling?"

          "We have many schools close to the palace, my hear," he answered her.

          "You could even go to Claymont," I excitedly told her. Her face scrunched together not following me.

          "Liam, you're making no sense," she flat out told me.

          "Claymonts is a University for the Preforming Arts. Why would you suggest that for her, my son," he asked me.

          "She's a phenomenal singer, dancer, and I imagine pianist," I told him.

          "That's just hobbies, Lover Boy. I'm going to school for buisness," she reminded me. 

          "Yes, because your parents are forcing you to go," I also reminded her.

          "Why is that," Father asked with curiosity.

          "Her parents don't support her dreams of the Arts and they want her take over their company when they retire," I answered for her before she could make up a lame-ass excuse.

          "I see. That won't happen in Zufairia Raine. You may do as you please."