Chapter 5

That hurt my ego a lot. After I saved her from jumping off of the bridge, I sat her down on the solid ground. We looked into each other's eyes. Her eyes told a story; the story of confusion. Why would she be confused that I saved her life? This simple girl, Rane Jade Johnson, intrigues buy yet confuses me at the same time. I then did something that shocked the both of us; me included. I, Liam andrew Berconica Zufairia, kissed Raine Johnson. It was a simple peck, yet it felt so right. She instantly tood a step back after I puller away from her soft lips. She tripped on her own two feet and fell down.

"Raine, are you all right," I asked croutching down to her level.

          No answer.

"Raine. Raine? Raine!" I shouted over and over again.

          Still no answer.

"Charles, we're going to have to skip the tour; we're bringing Raine back to the appartment," I told him.

"Yes, sir," he replied.

          Once inside the vehicle, I put a pillow under her head and covered her up with a blanket. 30 minutes later once we reached the appartment, she still wasn't awake. I had no other choice, so I carried her into the elevator and a little furter from there into the appartment onto a large couch in the middle of the room. Dad really oudid himself with the appartment.

          It was huge. Beyond even that. It was massive. When you first walk in, it's very open. The kitchen has a lot of counterspace, an island, a bar to eat at, and a brand new stainless steel appliances. The family room seemed very roomy. It had 1 large white sofa, a loveseat on either side of the sofa, an electric fireplace, and a 52" HD plasma TV wounted above the fireplace. At the back of the living room was a 1/2 bath and right next to that was a half bedroom. On the east side of the living area are 2 more ddoor that lead to the master bedroom and the guest bedroom. The master bedroom was almost as large as my room back in Zufairia. There are 2 chairs in the bedroom opposite of the bed. There are also 2 sidetables next to each side of the king-sized bed. the master bath is almost - if not more- more lavish than the bedroom. You can bathe in 2 places: the shower or the jucuzzi. The shower, in my opinion, is my favorite. You can control the ipod/radio player from inside of there. There's also many showerheads that water shoots out from. It looks like it can relax your body from a long and stressful day. All-in-all, the place is perfect like a bachelor like myself.

          3 hours; that's how long Raine Jade Johnson slep for. Since I had nothing better to do, I just starred and starred at her while she slept. Though I could be doing something more productive like calling my family, I didn't because for some strange reason i needed to know that Raine was going to be all right.

          She was fine. Beyond fine, if fact because the first thing that she did when she first was me was slap me across the face. It shocked me, so I took a step backwards. Firstly because it hurt like hell and secondly because I had no clue what possesed her do to that.

"What. The. Hell," I grounded out through my clentched teeth.

"Who the hell are you," she demanded with furry showing in her eyes.

"My name is Liam Andrew Berconica Zufairia, the future king of Zufairia; I saved you from jumping off of the Brooklyn Bridge earlier," I explained still a bit peeved that she had the decentcy to slap me after I saved her life. Her face lost all traces of furry in it after I told her that.

"I'm terribly sorry, Liam. I did not mean to slap you like that," she sincerely appologized to me. After thinking for a bit she asked me something that I wished she hadn't. "You're a prince?"

Oh, crap. I should really watch what I say when I get angry. This could ruin my whole entire trip of finding a wife if she tells the press and girls are throwing themselves at me left and right. Not good at all. "And...." I pressed on.

"I don't believe you. The only monarchy still around that I know of is in England and the oly princes are William and Harry. Besides, you look nothing like how they look like," she said with annoyance. Never thought a girl would ever think that I was lying about being a prince. Well, as they all say, there's always a time for firsts.

"Ok," I replied. She just starred at me for a minute then stretched a bit and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going," I inquired.

"Home; to hide my suicidal nothes that my parents weren't ever going to find anyways," she humerously chuckled.

"Raine, can you please stay? It's only 10 o'clock in the moring; you can leave in the morning, I promise," I told her. She was looking at me intently before answering me.

"Fine, but in return I get to show you around my city."

"Deal," I said as we shook hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Raine, she can be a real spitfire. And yes I do know that I have horrible grammar and past/present tense things and all but I'm not good at that aspect of english. Hoped you liked the chapter! :)

~Rachel~