Chapter 22

***Raine's POV***

Asshole. That was the first word that popped into my head when I thought of Liam's dad. He was mean and cruel in the beginning. He wanted to take Liam away from me. I never want that to happen. Taht's no the case anymore. I think I like him better than my own parents. Scratch that, I know I do. They foced me go to a college that I don't like and get a major in something I don't want to do. They never like the idea of Juilliard. King Thomas said I could choose whatever I wanted to do. That's the kind of parent I needed when Starr died. You can never choose your family though.

Liam was wiping away my tears that I didn't know appeared. How I'm so greatful for him in my life now. I don't want to ever let him go. And his father is great also. So much.

          "Thank you," I wispered as I gave King Thomas a big hug. He automatically hugged me back. My first real hug in a long time.

          "You're welcome, my dear."

          "Guess I'm going to have to start packing now, right," I asked smirking up at him. He chuckled.

          "Yes, that's right."

          "Liam. let's pack yours first. It'll take less time," I told him as I ran past King Thomas and grabbed random things of Liam's and shoved them into suitcases.

                                                                ***A little while later***

          "Raine, do you need all 10 of these suitcases," Liam asked out of breath.

          "Yes, now we only have a couple more things left," I told him hoping it'd get him moving faster.

          "A couple?! You said that for the last one and I had to use all of my strength to push all those shoes down in order to zip the suitcase," he complained.

          "Liam, I'm going to be living with you for the rest of my life, I think I need all of my possesions," I told him.

          "Fine, fine," he answered as the door opend.

          "Must be King Thoms coming to get another suitcase."

          "RAINE JADE JOHNSON," my mother screetched.

          "Bloody hell," I cursed.

          "Your mom," Liam asked.

          "Unfortunately; Ready to meed the wicked witch?"

          "Not really ,but we'll do it together," he told me as he grabbed my hand leading the way out of my room and into the living room where my mother was standing fuming.

          "Yes, Mother?"

          "What is with the abundantcy of suitcases leaving the apartment," she asked yelling in my face.

          "I'm leaving," I bluntly told her. 

          "You're what," she asked quieter this time.

           "I'm leaving," I repeated.

          "You ungreatful child! I gave you everything! Your Father and I work our asses off to give you everything you ever wanted. You're such an ungreaful child," she yelled up a storm as she ended up backhanding me. The familiar sting of her slap brought back memorie of  my childhood.

          "Ungreatful child, Mother? Really? I was never ungreatful to you! I did everything I was told to do. i kept my grades up, I was well-liked, i went to the school you and Dad  wanted me to go to. I'm majoring in buisness because that's what is expected of me not what I wanted! Did you even know what I wanted, Mother? No, you didn't! You didn't because you were too engrossed in work. The only 2 people who encuraged me to shoot for my dreams for Juilliard are dead! Dead, Mother! I cried myself to sleep days and days after Gramps died. You told me to get over it. Who tells an 11 year-old to 'get over' the death of their Grandfather?! Don't let me forget when Starr died. I cried myself to sleep this time for months and months and months. Neither you nor Dad said a single word to me besides the occasional hello. I started cutting myself when i turned 15. I bet you didn't know that did you? No one did because no on cared about me! My own parents blame me for my sisters death! All I ever wanted was to be loved by you! That's all I wanted Mother. I'll never bee seeing you again so lucky you. Tell Fahter I said goodbye," with those last words I went and grabbed the last of my bags.

          "Liam, let's go," I told him wipping my traitor tears off of my face.

          "Hold on," he told me standing right in front of my mother who had tears running down her face.

          "You're a selfish bitch, you know that? You never did anything good for Raine. Nothing at all. She wanted to go to Juilliard, but you turned that dream down even though she is a sxceptional artist. You didn't know either I bet. You don't know a single thing about her. I'll tell you then. Raine is fiesty, stubborn, blunt, and loveable. She lights up my world shen I am down. I'm whipped by her and I am bloody proud of it. You may not appreciate her in the slightest bit, bu I do. My family does also. I love your daughter, Mrs.Johnson. I'm marrying her in the near future, but don't except an invitation. I don't want to keep my fiancee waiting, so goodbye," Liam ended with turning his heel, grabbing my hand and taking some of the luggage and leaving the apartment. never in my entire life has someone ever done that for me. I truely do love my Liam.

          "Thank you, Liam," I said as I kissed him short and sweetly on the lips.

          "You're always welcome," she said smilling as he kissed my forehead as he lay my head on her lap telling me to go to sleep when we got into the car.