Chapter 18

***Liam's POV***

Who am I, that is the million dollar question. All of my life, I have wondered that myself. I always told myself that I am Prince Liam Andrew Berconica Zufairia of the country Zufairia. Of course, what sane person not from Zufairia would believe me if I told them. Screw the believing, I love Raine so she'll have to belive me no matter what.

          "My story of who I am is quite long, where would you like me to start," I asked.

          "The beginning is always a good place to start," she replied.

          "Okay the beginning it is. Well, I was born Liam Andrew Berconica Zufairia to Queen Lillianna Maria Berconica Zufairia and King Thomas Samuel Berconica Zufairia on January 13, 1991. I have 2 sib-," I started to explain.

          "Wait, King and Queen," she inquired while interrupting my explaination of who I am.

          "Yes, King and Queen. If you would let me explain, you will know the whole story," I said while shooting her a look. She looked away from my gaze.

          "As I was saying, I have 2 siblings and 1 cousin; Cal, Rocky, and Dem. We all grew up together on the country that my parents rule over; Zufairia. That's where we got our last name from. Okay, back to the story. The Royal Family  has laws. One of the laws state that the heir to the throne-  that's me since I'm the eldest- must find a girl or guy who loves them him/her enough to marry and be the future ruler of Zufairia or the current King may pick a person suitable for that job. When I left, I was completely livid. I didn't want to come here and find someone to love. I just wanted to party and mess around with the Zufairian girls and most likely brak a couple hearts in the process of it all. That was before I met you though. You made me forget all that nonsense. Before I even knew it myself, I was falling for you when I first saw you about to jump off of that bridge. I could've kept going; I really could've but I stopped. I had this urge to save you. Thank God I did. That one day you showed me around New York was amazing. When I found out that you had left without a word, I was devestated. I did not know why until later on. In the first week you were gone, I probably drank my own weight in beer and ate so much greasy foods. I realized that I shouldn't be acting like a depressed 12 year-old so I shaped up and went out. At first it was to see if I could find you anywhere. I stopped at every place we went. They always said you weren't there. You were very good at being kept hidden. After a few months I decided to see if any other girl satisfied me like you did. None of them did. Some while back I met Jamie. Thank God I did or else I wouldn't have met up with you again. You know the rest. Well, that's me for you I guess," I finished explaining to her. 

          "If anyone else would tell me that elaborate story of their life while they are a prince, I would run away screaming while calling the cops. That's not the case with you though. For some reason I believe you. That doesn't mean I'm going to go off and get married to you straight away. I have buisness school anyways. Oh, and I might need a tiny bit of proof to know you aren't shitting me," she told me.

          "That can be arranged. We could go back to my loft and skype them," I replied. "And no Juilliard," I inquired.

          "Nope, I'm going to take over the family buisness when Father retires," she answered.