Dream, talk & hotdog

"Goodnight Robert," I muttered while rearranging a lock of hair behind my ear.

"Goodnight, Val- Miss S."

I turned around confused to look at Robert. I don't recall saying my name, and Colt has been calling me with my surname all the time. His lean, tall figure tensed up on the spot as if he had just caught up with my thoughts.

"Do I know you?" I tried to catch a glimpse of his face but he lowered his head while placing a hand in front of his face.

"Please, don't make a scene. I'll explain to you later, or tomorrow if you wish..."

"Jake?" I mumbled.

"Shh, please, I'll call you later."

Without giving me the chance to answer, he stepped inside the car and drove off, leaving me there looking dumbstruck with my mouth hanging. It was indeed him? What is he doing here? Robert? What the actual fuck!

It took me forever until I finally got home. A distance of few steps might seem endless when your mind is racing. The moment I placed the key on the door I could already hear my baby Angus whining.

"Where is the best boyfriend in the world? Where is he?" I said playfully as I stepped inside my apartment, seeing Angus wagging his tail in the speed of light.

Suddenly I felt too big arms wrapping around my waist, startling me, making me jump.

"I'm right here," his soothing voice made my thoughts melt away.

Nathan placed his lips slowly on the curve of my neck, and a smile was painted on my lips in an instant. I tilted my head on the side, feeling his skin more before my fingers ran through his disheveled hair.

"You scared me," I whispered.

"I wanted to surprise you but you surprised me," Nathan murmured while holding the skin of my shoulder gently between his teeth, making me sigh in satisfaction.

"Now how did I do that?" I smiled while turning around to face his beautiful face.

"I didn't know I had to be jealous of Angus. It seems like you can't trust anybody nowadays," he mumbled mockingly while raising an eyebrow.

"That's true," I shrugged, "you have to constantly claim me."

"Is that so?"

"Yup..."

"Madame needs to be shown affection?" He whispered as his mouth barely touched mine.

"Madame?" I laughed to his remark playfully. "I'm a mademoiselle, kind sir."

"That can be arranged," he whispered between my lips.

I gazed into his eyes, almost unable to move. He has the amazing ability of shutting me up with just a simple remark. Nathan placed a soft kiss on the tip of my nose to catch back my attention. I squeezed my eyes and turned scarlet red immediately.

While sinking deeper into his embrace my mind started racing once again. "It was just a dream," I thought to myself. Suddenly I started to feel guilty. How could I have done this to him? Even if it wasn't real, it was still... weird.

"What's wrong baby girl?"

"I feel sad that I have to leave you again," I muttered.

"Leave me?"

"I didn't know I would find you here. Emily asked me out for a coffee and I accepted." I said while pouting.

"First Angus... now Emily? I'm really gonna start to get jealous," an impish smile illuminated his beautiful face and once again, my heart performed a free fall.