Limo Ride

When we started heading back, it was already dark outside. At this time of the day the city with all the lights and busy roads looks like a beautiful Christmas tree. I was gazing out of the window for some time before Colt called my name once again.

"Miss?"

"Yeah?" I murmured still looking outside.

"Anything you need to tell me about our little meeting?"

"Oh, yeah, of course! The food was really good, but the custard pie... ? Heavenly made!"

"Miss S, I didn't ask you for your culinary opinion," Colt looked at me, raising an eyebrow mockingly.

"I know, I know," I giggled, "what do you wanna know about Mr. Miller, Mr. Colt?"

"I can sense that he's lying to me, acting as a double agent if you may. Without taking into consideration my personal opinion, Valeria, tell me what did you see?"

Colt lowered his gaze into mine. Suddenly I started feeling as if I didn't have enough oxygen inside my lungs. I rearranged a lock of hair behind my ear and cleared my throat, trying to put my thoughts back in order.

"I can sense that Mr. Miller is lying to you as well. He couldn't stand still, always fidgeting with his feet. His speech, his thinking, were rather disoriented for a professional like him... and lets not ignore the fact that he barely blinked! That shit is creepy!" I shivered to the thought making Dante laugh.

"Ha! I knew it! I fucking knew it!"

Colt took out of his pocket his phone and started typing like a mad man. I looked at him and couldn't help it but wonder what he was doing. Out all of a sudden he stopped and starred openly at me. His luscious lips stretched into a smile that any woman in front of it would melt.

Dante placed his hands on my shoulders and looked at me tenderly. It felt like I was keeping my breath for some time cause I was about to suffocate. He leaned carefully towards me. My body stiffened but my eyes wouldn't stop following his lips.

"I don't know what I would do without you," he whispered, as he kissed me delicately close to the lips.

My breath froze between my lips while my eyes shut. For a moment, I felt like his lips wandered over mine. As I opened my eyes, I saw Colt sitting back in the seat next to me. Did I imagine everything?

The sound of the engine was soothing to my ears. Suddenly my eyes felt heavy, I could barely keep them open. Maybe I had drunk a little more chardonnay than I thought after all.

"It's been a long time since I've touched that lovely skin of yours..."

I tilted my head slightly towards him, looking at him through my lashes. Totally gobsmacked by his sudden proximity.

"What?" I murmured.

"Please... tell me that you don't remember how your flesh burned under my lips that night in my office."

"I... Colt..."

"Tell me, Valeria," he murmured; his torso slightly turned towards me.

With a swipe of his finger he motioned to the driver to put the window separating the front seats from the back of the car up. The driver barely moved his head. Through the rare mirror I got a glimpse of his dark eyes, right before the black window separated us.

"What do you want to hear, Dante?"

Colt untied the knot of his tie. The silk fabric intertwined between his long fingers. My eyes lingered for a moment in this smooth, magnetic move. He coughed softly and my gaze was directed instantly to his Machiavellian smile.