Zombie

Nathan stayed inside the apartment while Colt led me towards another luxurious car driven by his chauffer. He motioned to the driver to stay inside before opening the back door carefully. I stood still, holding my arm with my hand fiercely, trying to keep calm while he looked at me skeptically.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said without blinking, a fake grin distorting my face. "Please take the painkillers and call me if you feel any discomfort."

Hesitantly, I moved mechanically towards the car. Carefully, gently, I felt his fingers caressing my arm before tangling themselves between mine. The softness of his touch made me sigh deeply before turning around to face him.

"S?" He smiled softly

"Do you need something?" I replied nonchalantly.

I felt his gaze like hot iron on my skin, waiting for a reply that seemed to take forever.

"Are you happy?" He said almost in a whisper.

"He's alive," I shrugged while smiling, feeling a lump forming in my throat.

"But?"

"No buts... I'm just... tired. It's a lot to process in a day like you said," My shoulders raised involuntary, trying to hide my discomfort.

"You're right, too much happening."

I smiled at him softly as my eyes wandered to his hand, still wrapped around mine.

"I'll need that back," I winked at him, moving slightly my wrist in order for him to understand.

His eyebrows mingled as he pursed his lips together. I looked at him wondering what thoughts were running inside his head, making his mood change so fast. Still waiting for his reaction, my eyes started scanning his face. A face I knew all too well. Same but so different at the same time. They're twins... How is it possible that they are so different?

A few seconds later I felt my body moving towards his, almost crashing against him. My eyes widened as I felt him embracing me out all of a sudden. My head almost instinctively laid on his chest while my shoulders started to melt into his arms. I tried desperately to act like everything was fine but my cracking voice proved me otherwise...

I squeezed my eyes hard as I moved my face under his chin, absorbing as much of his warmth and perfume as possible. He placed his hand against my hair and caressed me almost as if he was afraid I would break under his touch. Suddenly I felt him letting me go, making my heart sink... What did I expect?

"You have to go. Robert will take you home and he'll check the apartment for you," he said as he moved a strand of hair behind my ear.

"He can take me home, but he's not coming upstairs."