Fitting Room

"Well that was rude," I mumbled.

Before giving me the time to reply she had already hang up on me. I looked at my phone confused when I heard a very amused Nathan bursting into laughter at my annoyed grimace. I raised my head and looked at him while narrowing my eyes threateningly.

"Relax, baby girl, relax," he mumbled between his lips, still laughing while placing his hands in front of him as a sign of surrender, moving slowly backwards.

"Dick."

"Boobs."

"Huh?" I looked at him confused.

"What? I thought we were naming things each of us have!"

Nathan opened his arms, inviting me inside his embrace. I rolled my eyes hard to his last remark but joined him nevertheless.

"Speaking of rude..." I frowned, "we should behave more in front of others. We didn't get the chance to say goodbye to her."

Nathan guided me out of the door, before locking it once again. He took a deep breath and once again, pulled me in his arms, and started walking towards my place.

"Anna is like that. She's like a little elf. She talks a lot, laughs a lot..."

"I noticed that..." I giggled while Nathan smiled softly.

"Did she bother you? She's a good kid."

"No, on the contrary. She is... amazing." I sighed. What if she changed her statement when she saw my annoyance? What if they really were an item?

"Oh?" Nathan looked at me mockingly.

"What?" I scowled.

"Is Madame... jealous?" He placed his hands on his mouth and looked at me with eyes wide opened.

"What? No? Pfft! Of course... not."

"What was this face about then?"

"I don't know what you are talking about, sir."

I crossed my arms across my chest and started walking faster towards home. I could hear Nathan giggling in the back before striding towards me. Suddenly I felt his fingers wrapping around my wrist, destabilizing me.

"What did that trickster tell you?"

"Nothing. What are you talking about?" I raised my eyes to the sky, pretending not to care.

"Valeria..."

"I'm not jealous! So what's the point in telling you?"

"Well your mood has changed, so if you do tell me I could try and fix it,"

Nathan said softly while trapping me between his arms.

"It's nothing, really. Busy day at work, it's just kicking in," I shrugged slightly before turning my face away.

Nathan licked his lips slowly and tilted his head to the side, to catch a glimpse of me. I held the air inside my dimpled cheeks, turning my self into a balloon. I could feel his eyes burning my skin despite my try to avoid his gaze.

"Didn't you like the surprise?"

"I loved it," I answered shocked, surprised by his question.

"Then what is it, angel?"

"It's just that I know little to nothing about your past and..." I frowned. Why am I ruining this? I barely know Anna and her words have already penetrated my mind. "Can we let it go? I'm being paranoid right now," I smiled softly.