Contradiction

Colt passed in front of me and stepped inside the apartment before standing by the door, gesturing me to come inside. I walked inside hesitantly as my eyes scanned the place. As we walked towards the living room I noticed a tall, muscular figure standing in front of a big window, illuminating the whole room.

 As we walked towards the living room I noticed a tall, muscular figure standing in front of a big window, illuminating the whole room

Every cell of my body was calling him, craving him. I knew it was the piece I was missing. The air in my lungs eliminated the moment my eyes captured his figure. I moved cautiously towards him, breathless, with shaking hands and weak knees. Once he turned around time just stopped.

I frowned. I wasn't sure if what I was seeing was an illusion or if he was actually there. I stretched my hand to reach him but as my fingertips brushed against his skin my arms collapsed on my sides. A soft grin stretched across his face as he looked down on me.

"Hey angel," he whispered.

I felt something breaking inside me to the sound of his voice. Once again I tried to touch his face. He stood still and looked deep into my eyes. I placed my hand on his cheek and gasped. My whole existence was radiating the need to consume him, to devour him.

All of a sudden a wave of anger hit me right in the face. As he leaned closer to me, almost instinctively my hand crashed violently on his cheek. Nathan looked at me shocked while I could hear Dante having a laughing spree. I turned around and looked at him in anger.

          He placed his hands in the air as a sign of surrender while he kept giggling, holding his ribs tightly

He placed his hands in the air as a sign of surrender while he kept giggling, holding his ribs tightly. Nathan pursed his lips together before allowing a sigh out, still looking at me like a kid who was caught red-handed.

"Angel, I can explain," he said as he tried to hold my hands.

"Explain," I sighed. "Explain how you left me, how you made me believe you were dead... explain. Explain to me how you made me shutter, how I was barely able to wake up in the morning. Please, DO explain to me Nathan," I said while piercing at him with my eyes.

"Valeria..."

"Begin, if you really want to explain. Otherwise I'll be out of here in less than two seconds."