Raise Hell

As if the weather wanted to match my mood, out of a sudden it became cloudy and small droplets of rain started to crash against my skin through the open window. Angus had laid his soft muzzle on my thigh. His soft, steady breathing was calming down my messy thoughts.

The hours passed by, the sun had set and the black veil had already covered the horizon. I was picking glances at my phone. Still hoping that Nathan would apologize, even if I was the one who had sent him away. Paranoid. That's exactly what I have become.

"Is this the end of us, Angus?"

I checked every social account I owned, scrolled several times on my news feed but I found nothing worthy. I threw my phone on the floor before digging my face into Angus's thick fur.

"I have to make it right with at least one of them."

I placed a kiss between Angus's eyes and on his soft muzzle, before I picked myself up. The rain had intensified, autumn was definitely here. I slipped in my jeans, wore a black Henley t-shirt and threw on my jacket. Last but not least, I put on my boots, before grabbing Beast's keys and wave goodbye at Angus.

The roads were slippery. The combination of mud and water created a thick layer of something that resembled a slithery mold. The breaks of Beast screamed loudly as I stopped in front of the corporation.

Taking into consideration the worsening weather, I decided to park Beast at the underground garage. As soon as I entered, I headed directly towards Dante's private parking.

"The Bugatti is here," I smiled the moment I got a glimpse of the impressive car.

As I entered inside his private elevator, my heart started thumping in my chest fast and loudly. I had no clue what I was going to tell him. All I knew is that I really wanted to see him.

The elevator's steel doors opened to the little room preceding Colt's office. As I grabbed the door handle, I heard some voices coming behind it. I opened slightly the door, picking carefully behind it.

"The Mistress is getting tired, young man," a scratchy voice, rattled my eardrums while chills invaded my spine. "She knows he's up and striving. She met him at this fancy party of yours. She's not going to tolerate the toy's absence much longer."

Toy... The men in the black suits that were looking for Nathan. The men that... almost killed Dante last time they encountered him...

"God..." a gasp escaped my lips. I placed my palms over my mouth, muffling the possibility of any sound that would come out.

Dante scoffed, chuckled, as he casually sat on his leather chair, rearranging his cufflinks.

"If she found him, why didn't she take him?"

"You know very well that the Mistress doesn't reveal her... other self in such events."

"Ebony needs to stay the hell away from my brother!"

His fist crashed against his desk. The wooden surface succumbed under his forceful hit. My eyes started to get misty. He was still taking care of him... even if that meant that he would get himself into some serious trouble.

A monstrous laugh filled the room. A laugh that chilled the blood running in my veins in an instant. The man with the cigar motioned at the younger guy to go over to Dante. My heart instantly jumped to my throat.

"You are in no position to make demands, Colt. He owes her a replacement. Simple as that."

The man motioned his guard to bring Colt in front of him. And so he did. The guy grabbed him by the shoulders, pushing him towards that disgusting human being that was sitting comfortable on the sofa once again.