Chapter 1 - Dad's back

Elizabeth's  POV.

My alarm clock rang, typically sound that greeted me everyday. It's the 'Wake Up! Wake Up! by 'Everyday Sunday'  my day is made by hearing this song. I stood up with less enthusiasm, cause who wants to go to school?, especially when you are Miss. Nerd, and your best friend is a looser, but I still love him. 

"Elizabeth! Your breakfast is on the table and I need to go to work. Cause I am late..."

"As usual mom." I replied her. My mom is always late, and always she finds lame excuses for her boss, that even a 5 years old baby won't believe. I am living with her in a small apartment in New York. My dad left when i was 2, he left us for business, he promised he will be back. But till this moment Charles didn't return. I don't remember him, just from photographs. He never sent me cards for birthday or call my mom to ask  how am I. I can't even call him dad.  From the moment Charles left, my mom needed to work... I had been alone since 3 years, so I am independent, I learned to be strong, to protect myself and don't let others humiliate me, and my friend Kevin, that always gets in trouble. But the awful thing is that I am in love with my best friend that is a completely looser and he is in love with the bitchy blond.He is my neighbour, living in the house next to mine, and we were friends since kinder-garden, and since that moment I am fell in love with him. and I sometimes I am really upset about the idea he loves Chelsea, or better said 'Miss Popular', she hurts him and he hurts me...This is my dramatic life.

After a cold shower, I put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a loose red T-shirt on. I went downstairs for my toasts. At a moment my phone vibrate.

From:Kevin

Wait you outside :)

I grabbed my bag, put my glasses on and my red converse and went outside. There Kevin was waiting, he gave me a bear hug, but unfortunately it finished too fast. We were walking.

"Ready for your last day at school?" he smiled, I grinned back

"Yeah..somehow." I answered, without confidence

"What will you do all summer?" he looked down.I bite my lip. he was perfect not like the team players, but nice and romantic. the girl that will have him will be lucky. He likes to write songs, watch romantic movies and read books. Isn't this perfect? His body is hot too. Once I saw his 6 pack abs. But as he wears loose T-shirts, so girls can't see this.  I looked once in the window when he didn't observe...so I saw them.

"Hang out with you." I grinned widely. He smirked.A little smirk? Why? Isn't he happy we will spend another amazing summer together?

"Well Beth, About this I wanted to talk to you. I finally decided to speak with Chelsea and guess what?" he said happy, I was shocked, my mood went down. He was the one thing  I had in my life, my dad is gone, my mom is always in town trying to find another man or at work. And Kevin...he always was near and now he will say something that will break my heart into peaces.

"So yesterday I had the courage and said Chelsea about my feelings. And she kissed me on the cheek. And... Oh, You can't image how happy I am!" he was so enthusiastic, not like me. Yeah I really can't image how happy he is, but one thing is for sure I can feel, how my heart is breaking, my pulse goes faster, and just a fake smile could stop tears from running down. Soon We arrived to school. the rest of walk, I was looking down at my shoes, thinking about how can it be worse....

"And... Beth, I won't hang out or speak with you anymore...especially at school. Chelsea don't like this fact, you are a nerd and I am with populars now...so that's make me popular too..I will call you" he said and went away to his 'new friends'. I was shocked of his behaviour. Love can change people. He just left me, without goodbye or sorry, or I will try to speak with you after school. That means that we never were friends? Real friends, and he only hang out with me because nobody else invited him in their stupid cliques? Why can't it be the last year at school? And I will be supposed to suffer one more year and three months of summer.