AshleyMcDermott

❖ Name: Ashley McDermott

❖ Age: 17

❖ How Did You Get Into Writing?: I really want to make being a director my full time job, so when I was making my first film I started coming up with lots and lots of ideas. Writing scripts can be pretty hard at times so I decided to start writing stories so I can refer back to them, also since I was very young I have enjoyed creative writing.

❖ What Inspired You?: Lots of different things inspire me, from everyday real life events, different writers and other stories to dreams I have.

❖ What Are Your Thoughts On Wattpad?: Wattpad is a brilliant idea which helps writers and readers come together and do what they love to do. There isn't many other websites like this one which gives you the freedom to find and create brilliant stories within a friendly community. 

❖ How DId You Find Wattpad?: I think I was on yahoo answers and someone had asked how they can get their stories read by not having to go through a publisher and someone suggested Wattpad.

❖ Major Turn Offs In Stories: Cliche stories to some extent, bad grammar and lack of descriptions. Also when a story is very 'choppy' and you don't get what is going on.

❖ What You like In Stories: Great descriptions, a beautiful writing style, realistic relatable characters and a brilliant plot line with multiple twists.. Also not generally a happy cliché ending.

❖ Do You Speak or/and write stories in another language? If So, What?: No but I wish I could!

❖ Have You entered The Watty Awards before?: Only this year.

❖ Are You entering The Watty Awards this year?: I have entered my first Wattpad story 'Sweet Revenge' into The Watty Awards 2012.

❖ Favourite genres to write: I enjoyed writing my horror/ thriller, Sweet Revenge, as I got to play on people's fears and create senses of tension, but I also enjoy writing stories based on real life with some sort of a fantasy twist. At the moment I am loving writing Truth in the Flames, a romance, as I have sole control over how the main characters love life with pan out. It is also a very fun story to write.

❖ More of an author, reader, graphic designer or critic?: Defiantly more of an author but I also love to read and a discover brilliant undiscovered stories.  

❖ Favourite Authors On Wattpad?: AubreyEatsHearts has a cute story called Late Summer Rain, BlackInkHeart has an amazingly written horror called Branded to him and TroutandLofty have a HILARIOUS twilight unfanfic.. To name a few.

❖ How Many Books Have You Written So Far On Wattpad?: Two- one completed short story and I am currently working on another book which I have started to upload.

❖ Story You're currently working on?: Truth in the Flames 

❖ One of Your Stories: (Title, description, cover, link, trailer etc.) (link in external link)

Are you looking for love?      

Sarah wasn't and she found it in the most unsuspecting place ever.     

  Everything in her life was going great once she found Jack, the love of her life, but how does she know she can trust him? With the aid of her rose tinted glasses she doesn't notice as her family and friendships crumble around her. What will it take to snap her out of her loved up state? No one will escape this tangled mess of love affairs unharmed, but only time will tell.