happy birthday, corey

(if you haven't read chapter 35 of white boys, go read it!)

i didn't post a chapter for corey last year because this isn't a book for corey but i love him 2 much not to post this year.

so today is corey haim's birthday. he's basically a christmas baby which is actually perfect bc he is so pure and precious :)))

anyway i love you to death corey i hope you're having a wonderful time up there, u deserved better angel.

and to end this, here's an excerpt from a corey haim fanfic (not sure what it's named yet), that i'll be publishing this summer. if you've ever seen the movie roman holiday, this is based heavily off of that.

so it's about this famous actress/singer in the late 50s-60s who is in italy for the week on business, and she gets fed up with all the material things she's surrounded by and escapes. just for a day, but then she meets the most wonderful man who shows her how to really live.

i started writing it last summer and only have one chapter in and a couple of other scenes, so that's great. anyway, here's a scene that i wrote. this is annalise and corey meeting!!! hope u loooveee.

______

Annalise looked around, having exited the little corner shop in which she had just purchased a carton of Marlboros. She knew they were horrible for her, and the thrill of buying them made her heart thump even faster than it did when she thought of all the complications that could happen to her lungs just from smoking a cigarette. She knew if Lottie found out, she'd have a fit. But she had no problem brandishing them about, swinging them in the air as she crossed the busy street, barely even looking before she walked past.

She was already beginning to pick at the plastic on the carton as she walked across the street, looking down at it. It was only when she got to the other side of the street that she looked up and saw all the boutiques, shops and restaurants in front of her. The closest and least crowded was the coffee shop that had an outdoor seating area surrounded by a low rise black gate. She smiled to herself and smoothed out her pleated skirt before walking over to the gate. She gently pulled it open and walked in, sitting at a table directly under the beating sun.

She sat by herself waiting for a cameriere, and was now able to fully focus on opening her carton. Despite her slightly long, nude acrylic nails, she was able to tear it down the side, and discarded of the plastic on the ground. Her eyes gleamed at the sight of the opened package and she was eager to get her hands on it, but before she could, a waiter stopped by, leaning over her shoulder.

"Buongiorno, signorina. Cosa posso ottenere per te?" (Good morning, miss. What can I get for you?)

"Oh, semplicemente un caffè, per favore." (Simply a coffee please.)

"Con crema?" (With cream?)

"Si."

The waiter scribbled down on his notepad in messy black ink handwriting,

"E con zucchero o no?" (And with sugar or no?)

"Um..." normally Annalise would have denied sugar in her coffee, but that was really just another health decision Lottie had made for her. No sugar, no fat, no excessive starches, no sweets. Today was her day. Besides, Lottie would never know. "Un sacco di zucchero!" she exclaimed. (A lot of sugar!)

The waiter smiled at her enthusiasm,

"Questo e tutto?" (Is that all?)

Annalise looked down at the menu and frowned. She only had so much money in her pocket, and couldn't afford anything other than a coffee. She wished she would have thought to bring some money with her before going out like that. But then again, maybe this was all a part of the experience- a plus, even. So she didn't have any money- so what! Now she could live like a normal person who couldn't afford certain things, unlike her.