7

Chapter Seven

SUMMER - CALVIN HARRIS ; WHEN I MET YOU IN THE SUMMER TO MY HEARTBEAT'S SOUND, WE FELL IN LOVE AS THE LEAVES TURNED BROWN / AND WE COULD BE TOGETHER BABY AS LONG AS SKIES ARE BLUE

( Thursday ) Robin's entire morning was mostly a daze- she'd been woken up by her dogs who were barking outside of her bedroom door, just begging to be taken for a walk. She hadn't slept enough, so as she was getting ready for the day, she lugged herself around like a zombie. But after eating the breakfast left for her by her absent parents, she perked up a bit and attached the leashes to her dogs' collars, walking them outside and onto her front lawn.

As per usual, she let them socialize and pee first, debating whether they really needed to go for a walk or not. They seemed content with running around the yard anyway. The yard wasn't huge, but it was big enough for two hyper Corgi dogs to exercise. She had made her final decision by the time they ran to the back - they wouldn't be going for a walk until later today. She was too tired for walking anyway, or so she manipulated herself to believe.

"Robin!" River called from over where his house was, sticking his head out of a window on the second floor of his home.

Robin widened her eyes at River's actions - and the fact that he spotted her from all the way up there, but she wouldn't manipulate herself - she was nothing out of the ordinary, nothing that stood out. She waved back halfheartedly to the exuberant boy and then glanced away.

Not long after, he was running out of the door of his house and over to her.

"Hi, River," she greeted him once they were face to face.

He smiled, raising a hand up and then putting it down shortly afterward.

"Hey, how are ya?" he asked, smiling enthusiastically.

"I'm great. Just dandy, River. How are you?" she asked, folding her arms,

' "I'm good too, but you don't look quite as dandy as you claim to be."

Robin chuckled derisively,

"Ha, I'm fine. Just a little out of it, is all."

"School starts in a couple of days," River commented, downhearted.

"Oh yeah? Just how many, tell me. I'm not in the mood for counting."

River began to count on his fingers and mouthed the numbers to himself,

"Five days until school starts, including today."

"Sigh, what a bummer. But hey, at least I've met a few people who go to the same school. Otherwise, my life would be hell."

"You meant 'a living hell'," River attempted to hide his goofy grin.

"Fine. My life would be a living hell," Robin rolled her eyes playfully at how perceptive River was.

"Naw, I'm just kiddin' you. You could forget every word in a sentence and it would still work."

"Wow, that's very nice of you, River. I don't agree with you, but thank you," Robin replied, keeping a cool and collected tone.

"Yeah, it's no problem. Are those your dogs I hear barking back there?" River furrowed his brows, cupping a hand to his ear.

"Yeah, my dogs are playing in the yard. Wanna go see 'em?" Robin offered.

River nodded and Robin led him to the backyard where her dogs were chasing each other around, nearly bumping into things and knocking lawn chairs over. River cooed at them and knelt down to Senna, who was right in front of him. She panted heavily as if talking to him, which was also a sign of sweating, and knocked him off his feet. She was licking all over his face and her paws were pinned against his chest.