14

About two and a half hours later, Stacey was sitting by a closed door with her hair stuck in it, whining and groaning loudly as she attempted to lean over a bucket close by her in case she emptied her insides.

    "God, you're smashed," Robin sighed, holding back Stacey's hair as she retched over the bucket, unsuccessful in even throwing up.

    Robin rubbed her temples- she was supposed to be having fun. Just beyond the outside of the closed bathroom, there was a whole world, populated with (mostly) sober teens who were infatuated with dancing and unrecognizably in love with smiling and mingling. But no, she was stuck here with her "new friend", Stacey. In fact, Robin was beginning to think that Stacey wasn't all that people made her out to be- some sort of goddess who was popular yet oddly angelic.

    "Robin, would you do me a favor and get me a glass of water? My mom says that if I come home intoxicated again she's gonna remove the phone from my car," Stacey giggled.

    Robin muttered a few curse words to herself before getting up and walking over to the staircase, peeking down at the people who were actually having a good time and smiling. Water was exactly what Stacey needed before she passed out or something, so Robin then hurried down the stairs, pushing past sweaty bodies and heading into the kitchen. She opened the cooler in hopes of scoring a water or at least a ginger ale soda. But all that was in there were beers, beers, and more beers.

    There wasn't even a Coca Cola in there.

    "Jesus," Robin whispered.

In her haste, she grabbed an empty glass out of the cabinet and began to run cold water in the sink. She filled the glass up and walked carefully out of the kitchen, precisely to avoid bumping into anyone. She thought maybe she should've just stayed home, but not once did River's wise, yet controlling words cross her mind. Just as she was about to turn the corner and walk up the stairs, the doorbell rang. Robin waited by the door for somebody to open it so that in case they came running, she wouldn't be ran into, thus spilling her water.

But moments had passed by, and nobody was answering the door.  At first, Robin mentally criticized the party guests for being too lazy to open up the door, but then realized that whoever was at the door could bust it open anytime they wanted now. Of course that would make for terrible etiquette, but Robin would've grown impatient by now. So juggling the water in her hand, she twisted open the doorknob to be greeted by a boyish figure wearing jeans and a multicolored Bob Dylan shirt with a tie hung loosely around the collar. As her eyes roamed up from the tie, she blinked.

"Robin, good to see you," River smiled.

Robin was admittedly relieved to see River, and would've hugged him had it not been for the tall glass of water in her hands.

    "Riv... I can thankfully say the same," she granted him shy smile, her lips aquiver as he stepped in.

    "You look distressed."

Robin glanced down at her outfit. Her fit wasn't so bad that it was a shame to look at, but her crop top was cropped more than it needed to be, and it was stained with traces of Stacey's succulent sweat and tears- it couldn't get more repugnant than that.

    "God, is it that noticeable?"

    "Maybe that's the wrong thing to say when you're taking a girl out," River bit his lip and stuffed his hands in his pockets, bouncing up and down on the balls of his toes.

    Robin shook her head,

    "What?"

    "Well you remember, don't you? I asked you to hang with me the other day, just the day before school started actually. We never specified a time, date or a place. So I decided to pick you up and take you out right here, right now."