9

psa : y'all sorry 4 taking so long to update i know i said i was going to at 12, but then i realized chapter 9 made no sense and i slept in late so i spent the last two hours editing it because it was so ugly. anyway, let's introduce two new characters, shall we?

ariella ramirez ; cierra ramirez :

jesus acosta ; jake t austin : (imagine him looking the way he does in the fosters)

| | |

Chapter Nine

(Saturday) All day the next day, River was all Robin could think about not thinking about. Robin was only concerned about the whole cuddling situation- in fact, it wasn't even cuddling until Robin had fallen asleep and wrapped her body all around him. But she didn't want to think about that. When she didn't care about something or someone, she didn't think about that person or thing, she just carried on with her day.

But when she did care, they were the only thing on her mind, whether she wanted them to be or not. She kept asking herself questions about the incident, as if she was a friend of a girl who'd just gotten back from a date with a boy she liked. But she didn't even like River, so there was no point in her acting like a schoolgirl.

"Robin! Get down here and clean Pixie's terrarium! Now!" Robin's mother yelled from downstairs.

Robin happened to be in her bedroom that morning, listening to music on her radio and writing poetry, trying to distract herself from River. But the poetry always seemed to end up being about River or loosely based on him.

"Mom, I cleaned it yesterday after I got home from the corner store!" Robin called.

This time, she wasn't lying about where she had been. After watching a few more shows on the TV at River's house, they'd all gone to the corner store for even more snacks and hung around there before going back to their own homes.

"Okay, well take Senna and Stag out for a walk! They went after breakfast, but your dad's being a dipstick and telling me he didn't walk them for that long," her mother called up the stairs.