10

note - yall i completely forgot i had to update on friday !!! i'm just starting school and all and yeah... anyway, heeere's chapter 10.

Chapter Ten

The club was full of teens and perhaps some adults who had gotten mixed up (imagine the club Les went to with Mercedes in License to Drive.) Fog machines blew treacherous amounts of smoke, creating a clubby and almost mysterious atmosphere, but it wasn't where Robin wanted to spend her time. The clubs back in Georgia seemed a lot more fun, even if teens were strictly prohibited from drinking or smoking of any kind- not that Robin was an avid drinker or a smoker at all, but it resulted in a lot of complaints from her friends. She followed the mopey Corey and the excited Feldman and River to a dance floor near the back of the club where there were two girls dancing together to a New Kids on the Block song. Feldman was all over Corey, pointing directly at them and yelling loudly in his ear over the music as if he was giving him instructions.

"I don't know..." Corey sighed. He didn't think there was any point in talking to the girls if he had just gotten out of a relationship. "They're already dancing with each other!"

"Not anymore!" Feldman exclaimed once the song had ended. "Look, one of them's coming over to you!"

Sure enough, one of the hot girls was walking over to Corey. River, who was in the cahoots with the plan, slung an arm around Corey and patted his back before walking over to Robin's side. Feldman took long, prideful strides over to the other girl, seeming to have forgotten all about the girl he met at the game the other day. Robin could hear the girl flirting incessantly, and to her surprise, Corey had no problem flirting back. But Robin didn't think it was genuine, she just thought he didn't want to look awkward. And besides, even if Corey did end up going with her, Robin had a gut feeling that she would just be one of Corey's fillers, in case Amandla ever did come to her senses.

Robin faced River with a smile on her face,

"Feldman's pretty smooth, isn't he?"

"You can say that again," River scoffed, smiling. He tapped his foot on the floor, looking down at it nervously, "Hey, do you wanna-"

A DJ's voice interrupted him,

"And now for the special ladies out there, we're going to play a smooth song. Let's slow it down a bit, yeah?"

"Oh no," Robin laughed, her head in her hands.

River chuckled too, and a new song began to blare from the speakers. It was the song "You Are Not Alone" by Michael Jackson. It was a shame that Robin loved this song. It was also a shame that it happened to be the first slow song she'd danced to with Jesus, at a dance that he had at his school. She slide her hand down her face and hung her head in embarrassment. Almost everyone around her was slow dancing with somebody, including the two Coreys and their new girls.

If Corey can adjust to slow dancing with a stranger, why can't I adjust to slow dancing with River? I mean I know the guy, how awkward can it get? Robin thought to herself.

River leaned over and whispered in her ear, his lips barely brushing her ear,

"May I take this dance, great lady?"

Robin giggled at his absurd sense of humor and in an absence of the mind nodded her head girlishly. River eagerly yet gently wrapped his arms around her waist and she wrapped his around his neck and began to move her feet slowly to the rhythm, matching River's slow glides. As the song continued, Robin laid her head on his chest. River widened his eyes at this, yet breathed shakily and inched his hand up her back to run his fingers through her straightened hair. Tonight, she looked dazzling, not just beautiful like she normally did, but dazzling. She'd decided to dress in a medium length navy blue dress that sparkled with sequins at the curves and were accompanied with plain black kitten heels. Her makeup was done very nicely, but that wasn't even the point- she just looked out of the world amazing. River didn't say anything, but when he saw her after she'd gotten ready, he had to keep his mouth from dropping to the floor.