58

hi! i know i've been gone for literally what feels 2 me like a lifetime. i'm so sorry! <3 i love yall sm i just couldn't deal with wattpad n wasn't even bothered to update. i keep saying that this book is almost over but like yall... now it really is almost abt to end which is crayyyyzaayyyy. anyway... re-read the last chapter for a lil refresher. i love yall n i'll never leave dis book without ending ittt promise! fair?

Chapter Fifty Eight

Robin let out an almost relieved sigh as she took the last of stray papers and notebooks from her locker. It was the last day for the Seniors, and later after school they would be having a Senior pep rally in the football field. The best part about the Senior pep rally was that it wasn't supervised, the only adults still at the school were those who were working a little later that day, so everyone did as they pleased- at least according to Feldman, who had snuck into every Senior pep rally since he was a freshman.

Other grades were allowed to attend the pep rally but it wasn't exactly accepted, so his sneaking in was slightly justified.

As Robin cleared out her locker, she found herself reminiscing the year, at least school-wise. And though she had flashbacks to the unpleasant situations that school year entailed, she found herself feeling mainly appreciative of the entire year. When she compared her previous high school years to this one, she felt overwhelmed with gratitude. And this year had been genuinely enjoyable, even without comparison to the past.

She had made new friends that she truly felt had the potential to be for life, and of course on top of that she had met River. But the best part was that she knew that moving on from this, she would be brought on to even greater things.

She was going to Spelman University to be surrounded by people who looked like her, something which seemed like a mysterious privilege to her for so long, and her own writing was being published as a book. So she wasn't at all sad, clearing out her stuff.

After saying goodbye to all her teachers, who all took a liking to Robin over the year and promised to buy and read her book once it came out, Robin left with River and the others. First they went over to her house so she could drop her stuff off and change clothes. Once she came back downstairs, in a Patriot's football jersey, jeans and high top converse, everyone was gathered in her kitchen.

"We should have a send-off for River and Robin!" Corey suggested excitedly, seeing as River was going out of the country to travel and make a difference, and Robin would be going off to college in New Orleans.

Robin, pulling her curls into a high ponytail, was already shaking her head when she walked in,

"Our little anti-prom might as well have been a send off. No more parties."

"Oh please," Robin's mother scoffed, as her dad stood by nodding in agreement with Robin. "We'll put it together, you guys are acting like you're gonna have to organize it!"

Robin's dad opened his mouth, making a noise of disagreement,

"Oh no no. I'm not cooking for y'all."

"Oh but you are," Robin's mother warned Robin's dad, glaring at him sternly.

He rolled his eyes,

"This is for you, Robin. I'm not surprised River's is over here going backpacking in India."

Her father had only recently taken to calling River by his name, instead of "your little boyfriend." He liked River, but considering the situation in which they had become girlfriend and boyfriend, he was ten times more skeptical of him than he was with any other boy that had been a part of Robin's life in that way. That was saying something- it took him a few months to get Robin's dad to stop calling Jesus "that Latin boy you stay hanging out with."
"River is actually visiting multiple countries to help set up foundations for better education and work in the rainforests to save the environment, father," Robin chuckled, shaking her head. She sat down with the rest of her friends and River passed her a glass of orange juice he had made for her and put to the side for when she came back.