12

y'all Ima just say it now, this chapter literally came straight out of a cheesy 80s movie and that's why it's so horribly entertaining lol. also, this is Elizabeth, she's on the left. 

Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

(Monday)

"Robin. Wake up, Robin."

"Dad, I'm awake. And your breath smells like eggs, please," Robin groaned, shooing her dad away meekly with one hand.

He laughed,

"That's my girl. It's six o'clock, why don't you start getting dressed for school? We'll give you a ride."

Robin nodded and her father finally left her room. She'd nearly forgotten that today was the first day of school, and she could only imagine how worried her own mother would be for her. But this time there weren't just only white people, the school was diverse, as her parents claimed after extensive research.

Robin got ready slowly, yet surely. Even she was a little bit nervous, so her lip was all chewed up by the time she'd gotten dressed. She chose to wear an oversized burnt orange shirt since it wouldn't be as warm today (and she was still used to Georgia's heat), with jeans and white Keds.

"Robin, come on down! Your breakfast is getting cold."

Robin sighed and slipped on a golden colored watch of her's that her favorite uncle had given her for her sixteenth birthday last summer. That was a blast, she remembered that clearly. At her sixteenth birthday was also where she met Jesus because her friends insisted that they bring a cute plus one for Robin to meet.

Nonetheless, she sulked down the stairs, and then she realized she was sulking, so she plastered a fake smile onto her lips.

"G'morning sweetie," her mother cooed, squishing Robin's cheeks after she walked up to her.

"Morning mom," Robin smiled.

"We made you some French toast, bacon and an omelette. You can't go to school on an empty tummy."

Looking at all of the food, a nauseous wave crashed in Robin's stomach. She no doubt loved to eat and she would have liked to eat something anyway, but just looking at the food when she already felt sick to her stomach was not a good situation to be in.

"I don't know, I'm feeling a little woozy," Robin's stomach gurgled.

Robin's mom and her father shared a worried look, then summoning her to sit down on one of the kitchen stools. Her dad sat on one of the stools next to her and her mother also sat on one of the stools next to her.

"Now, I know you're worried about going back to school. Frankly, I am too," Robin's mother wrapped her arm around Robin and rubbed her shoulder reassuringly.

"Ugh, how am I supposed to feel better knowing that the one person who's supposed to make everything better is worried too?" Robin scoffed.

"Robin, it'll be fine. And even if it's not, it's your last year in highschool. After that you're off to college, and you know how many hippies are in college. They don't care about whether you're black or white," Robin's dad said, as if that was simplifying anything.