34

^ visual representation of this chapter

Ok, so originally the song for this chapter was gonna be Perfect by Ed Sheeran, but then I started listening to 80s music while writing this chapter(which is in fact, unedited), and I made a playlist of all the songs that would be playing during homecoming. It's on my Spotify, my username is: zuzuuu.a. The playlist is called "river and robin at hoco". I BEG OF YOU to listen to it it will srsly put you in the mood. I know links don't work but Imma put the link here just to show you guys how much I want y'all to listen to this playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/user/zuzuuu.a/playlist/0MhgW3B5wQ3JGn1LZZsNh2?si=gMDwy-U5SV6bJ7BGDqEEZw

I will even put the link in my bio, THAT'S how much I want y'all to listen to it while you're reading.

Anyway, enough chit chat. Enjoy the chapter. The next one is gonna be shookening.

(Emily this is for you and you're gonna know exactly what I mean)
Chapter Thirty Four

(Saturday - Homecoming Day) It was officially Homecoming day. Robin woke up to the sound of the song "Good Morning" by The Beatles playing on her alarm clock. She sighed, pressing her satin pillow against each side of her head, trying to drown out the noise. But the voices were still there, just faint and slightly mumbly, which wasn't any better, if not it was worse. So, with an exhausted groan, she rolled over and her hand reached out trying to find the alarm clock so she could shut it off and make the music turn off. But that was unsuccessful because her eyes were closed, so she gave up and opened her eyes, and then turned off the alarm and slowly got up out of bed.

She had stayed up later than usual last night, admiring the dress and its detail and thinking about how sweet River was to do this for her when she had never even thought of getting a new dress, let alone a partially handmade one. She stayed up partially because of the gratitude she was feeling, and the slight rush of anxiety which she always had to calm herself down to compress. Robin couldn't help but think about all the things that could go wrong leading up to the dance. For example, her parents could find out her date was a white guy. And, that was really all that could go wrong, unless she tore the dress, which she knew would never happen.

Either way, every time she thought about her parents finding out that she was lying about who her friends really were, her heart quickened its pace, and she had to reassure herself that nothing would go wrong and that she had it all under control. So, that explained why she was so grouchy that morning. Normally, people would want to get their beauty sleep before such a day, but to Robin, it didn't really matter. It never had, looking like a goddess on prom or homecoming night or any school associated formal event, but now she didn't care even more.