chapter fifteen

• Dedicated to shane wagner

" adopt you?; what happened to your family?" andrew asked." Last year my parents were murdered by a man in a white coat" lucus choked. The toaster popped and Shane set the four waffles on the plate. " I have been living in the f.g.a' s dorms for seven months" lucus finished. " well.... Since you put it like that I guess we can adopt you" janayzia said. Lucus leaned in to hug her." For the first time in months I finally have a family" lucus thought. Shane and lucus ate thier waffles and Shane watched t.v. lucus was on the computer printing out copys of adoption papers. Lucus pulled them out of the slot and headed toward janayzia and Andrew. " now if you sign this you are in obligated to take care of me" lucus said happily. Andrew rummaged into a drawer, to find a black pen. They both signed the adoption papers, and Andrew stuffed the pen in his shirt pocket, and headed of to work. " thank you guys so much" lucus said. Janayzia kissed lucus on his head. " welcome to the family" she said sweetly. As lucus ran off. Lucus took a shower got dressed in a black shirt and blue pants. Lucus walked down the stairs. And looked at Shane. " you should probably get ready too" lucus cooed." Why do I have to get ready?" Shane questioned. " isn't today your first day at the f.g.a ?" Lucus asked. " oh yeah it is" Shane said. Just like that Shane sprung out of his seat and ran to his/ lucus's room. He rushed in and picked out a red shirt and black pants from his.closet. he ran to the bathroom and took a eight minute shower. He got dressed and met lucus at the door. Lucus was holding janayzia's car keys. " can you drive?" Shane questioned. Lucus pulled out his wallet and held out his drivers license. " does that answer you question?" Lucus scoffed. " have fun at work boys!" janayzia called out from the kitchen. " alright!" they both called out as they left. Lucus started the car and drove off. " so are you nervous?" Lucus said. " I am extremely nervous" Shane replied. " well don't be , the f.g.a is a pretty calm place, once you get your missions done" lucus countered. The rest of the car ride was long and silent all the way to the f.g.a.