26. Surprise: Aom's POV

Oh no. No way I was going to tell Due every single detail of my craziness this morning. Why would I? Aside from the fact that they were all superbly embarrassing, they could also be used against me. Knowing Tart, she had mastered the art of grilling someone on a hot seat. That's suicide for me.

So I did a little cherry picking on the stuff that I told her such as I took my time staring at my boss' picture, though not in a creepy way as far as I had known, did a little chit-chat before the frame flew off my grip. I spared the rest of the stuff that I had said at my boss' handsome face, especially our little "talk" before my stupid boss interrupted our little "moment". I decided to keep them all to myself. To be safe.

As I was about to change the topic and avoid potential interrogations, Tart's frightening question suddenly slapped me, "You like her, don't you?" big eyes darting on me.

Oh no. Of all question. Couldn't she ask me anything else other than that? Perhaps showing some concern to my poor little wound maybe?

My noseholes opened widely, exhaling out all of my regrets. I shouldn't have mentioned anything about my morning's mess to Tart despite of her repeated questions of why the heck my finger was wearing a powerpuff girls band-aid. I know right? Of all characters, I didn't expect a tom fancying over those superhero midgets. Alright, girls. Whatever. Wasn't Nny-Nny too old for them? I would expect her fancying superman or transformers or sponge bob at least. No offense to those powerpuff girls fanatics though.

"What?" I replied, cluelessly blinking my eyes at her while she was struggling to chew the macaron, focusing more of how to grill me rather than not choking.

I shoved a black sesame flavored macaron to my mouth, chewed it awkwardly slow, pretending that my mouth was busy, very very busy to talk. Wasn't it rude to talk when the mouth was full, was it? She should have known this.

My eyes leaped up towards my not-so-high ceiling, avoiding her inquisitive scary stare. Oh dear, how can I escape this?

And of course, as expected, there was no way she would let me go just like that. With a raised brow she said, "Girl, I've known you since we were zygotes. Don't ignore me and my question."

She caught my face with her hands full of crumbs towards her direction, glaring at me like I just committed a crime. Was it a crime to stare at a boss picture? Where in the world was I when that law was implemented?

"Huh?" I said, playing innocent as I kept looking away.

"Don't 'Huh? Huh?' me, girl. You do like her, don't you? Look at me straight in the eye." She demanded, redirecting my stiffened head to face her again. I felt how those cookie crumbs had been powdering my face already, so I dusted the sticky feeling off. She was kind of a messy eater though.

To satisfy her question, I took the challenge of looking straight to her, as I forcefully widened my eyes, struggling to look convincing, convincing enough as though I wasn't hiding anything. I didn't even know why I felt guilty about something I hadn't done. But her question was frightening to answer honestly. And I didn't know why?

"What's her name again?" She released her hands off my face. Thankfully.

"Who?" I titled my head sideways as if I totally had no clue who was she talking about.

"Oh gosh, will you stop answering me with 'Huh-huh?' and 'Who-who?' Who else are we talking about here? Definitely not someone I personally know." rolling her eyes on me impatiently.

"Oh." I smiled awkwardly, clearing my throat before answering her, "My boss?" Tart glowered at me in frustration. "Right. Right. My boss. We were talking about my boss." I pointed my index finger at her as if I got the correct answer to the hardest question I had ever heard.