1. Misfortune

Today is my first day at work. I'm excited and also nervous—very nervous. I feel like everything is sweating in me out of nervousness despite the fact that I had taken a shower. But this isn't the time for nervous breakdowns. I can do this. Well, I have to, what choice do I have? This job is very important to me. This will be my bread & butter so I can fully support my parents back home. I have to make sure that everything is working right and falls on the right places. And I hope, really do hope (crossing my fingers) no jinx will ruin my day. 

While Aom was getting ready for work, she had this inspiring and high motivational heart-to-heart talk with no other than herself.

She had woken up early that day since she didn't want to be late. She didn't want to put a bad impression about her punctuality. She would be reporting to a not-just any manager in the company but the CEO himself and that was big time. If she'd be late, she'd screw up big time as well.

First thing she wanted to avoid was screwing up. Who in the right mind would have a desire to screw up on the first day of work anyway? Unless if she immediately discovered that her boss was one hell of a psycho, then she'd be one of those who wouldn't care of losing the job on the spot. She'd probably do all the craziness her mind could think of just to leave that creepy place, if that was the case. But No. Not Aom, she wasn't going to do that. She's a fighter and not a quitter. When it had come to her job, nothing could bring her down. Nothing and no one. She's someone with a personality full of positive attitude, well... until this day came. Surprisingly.

Before she left her apartment, she put a little scent of perfume. Of course, she wanted to feel good and smell good... just a little and not too much to avoid intoxicating the nostril of the person she was going to meet.

As highly organized as she was, she had planned everything to hopefully go in the right place. The CEO might have been sensitive to perfume and she didn't want to screw that either. Only a little scent shouldn't hurt her, perhaps, just a little. It was her ritual to wear either fruity or floral scent, depending on her mood. It had always been part of her drill to look and feel good when leaving her cozy humble apartment.

She mustered up all courage and determination she could before she finally left her apartment.

Today is going to be an awesome day! Fighting! Cheering herself with excitement, ignoring all those nerve-racking emotions that were trying to distract her.

This day wasn't an ordinary day, aside from the fact that it was her first day of her new work in a huge company that she had been dreaming of. Other than that, it was supposed to be ordinary, but fate had it extra ordinary. She had no idea that her tolerance and patience would have been put into a test—up to a certain extent. And for how long? Who would have known.

---

At the coffee shop close by the building where Aom was about to report for work, a person so dashingly handsome whom was wearing a nicely tailored expensive suit matching with a semi-dark tinted sunglasses, was about to leave the coffee place, with one hand busily scrolling at the mobile phone, and holding a cup of coffee on the other hand. The person wasn't totally paying attention to the direction towards the main entrance of the coffee shop where Aom was heading from the opposite direction.

And something stupefying happened. The person accidentally bumped into Aom as the latter was entering the shop to grab her favorite latte to calm her nervous self.

The aroma scent of the freshly brewed coffee spilled at Aom's brand new peach business suit that she had gotten to wear for her first day at work. She hadn't even settled her credit card upon purchasing that suit which cost her a bit compared to her simple inexpensive clothings, as she had planned to pay it on her first pay check. And now that incident happened. The much anticipated pay check painfully vanished. Her objective to relax unexpectedly went down the drain because she gained the opposite feeling. Tension. Mad. Frustration.