8. Desperate CEO vs. Desperate new hire

Tina  transformed her mood from a teaser into a serious CEO of the company.  This time she meant business, to get the deal closed. "Ms.  Aom Manaying to compensate you well, I will increase your salary with  50% extra effective today. And another 50% same rate will come after in  the next 60 days, IF... ONLY IF you make me happy with your work  performance." Tina had to lay out this enticing deal as she's desperate  to keep Aom to stay, by the sound of Aom's complaints and sensing her  dislike with her, she had doubts that Aom might quit. And she couldn't  afford to lose the idea of seeing her princess everyday and possibly  even weekends.

When Aom heard about this, she had a  quick moment to decide practically. She had no other choice but to  accept the offer, since there were no other jobs she could go back and  reapply, she turned down all offers she had after she signed a contract  and committed to the Jittaleela group of companies. And besides, it  would help her with more bandwidth of funds in supporting her parents  and the living standard in the city since it's closer to her job and not  to struggle from stress of commuting.

"Fine. I'll take it.  But here are my conditions... I will obey your orders as long as they  are work related. Our relationship is purely business and no strings  attached. You will stay out of my personal life and leave me alone  during out of office hours, I need my privacy. But if work related  demands my service I will try my best to accommodate them, remember as  long as you have work related reasons only. They have to be valid." Aom  clearly expressed.

Sheesh...still I end up of the need to  create crazy excuses just to see her beyond office hours! This rough  princess ain't gonna make things easy for me eh? Ugh! Why do I always  feel like I'm at the losing end with her. Smart head!  Now Tina  realized how clever this petite lady was. No doubt why she was chosen.  And no doubt why this dragon eyes princess invaded her heart,  unknowingly. 

"Wow! I have totally forgotten that I am the  boss here. Your absurd demands make me feel that I am mandatorily  obligated to follow you as my boss." Tina sarcastically blurted.

"I  will take the offer. But, with all respect from my part, we have to  make things clear between us. We started this morning in a not so good  meeting. And I don't want you jinxing my life ever again. I just want to  do my job, perform well without any distractions. Plain and simple."  Aom went straight to her points.

Me? A distraction? Does she have any idea how much distraction she's inflicting into my brain? I can't even think straight!  Tina sighed deeply.  I have no idea what I have gotten myself into with this autocratic  princess. It looks like I am gonna be the one saying yes ma'm to her  instead of the other way around. I just want to get this darn deal done  so that she'll never be out of my sight. Tina muttered silently.

"Deal. But I have another rule..." Tina added.

"Ugh... Why are rules keep adding up?" Aom grouched as she complained.

"Tsk. Such a whiner. Who's the boss here?" Tina butted in and reminded Aom about their position.

"You. Fine, go ahead." Aom helplessly gave in.

"Good.  You have to be nice to me especially if we are not alone. I want people  to interpret you as a respectable person, and not a whiner brat. You  can act like a baby when just the two of us." Tina clearly stated. I actually don't mind your bratty brat face, my dragon eyes princess, still cute regardless.

Aom widened her eyes before she pouted her lips. "I ain't a baby! And neither a whiner brat!"

Tina  couldn't help but to find her so cute like... what else? of course...as  cute as a baby and was thrilled by her frowned cutie patootie face.

"Well,  you just acted one." Tina shooked her head in amusement. "Just don't  act like that in front of other associates and executives, or anyone  else, BUT ME." There was a full emphasis on the last word.

"Fine. I can't promise to be nice at you at all times, but I'll work it out." Aom negotiated. Darn! This is getting hard.

"Then  I can't promise you that I'll commit to your conditions, especially the  'no string's attached'," Tina chuckled at the last words. Tina noticed  the appearance of Aom's dragon eyes look again. And those glares  flinched her and yet thrilled her at the same time, so she followed by  saying "Let's meet halfway."

"Agreed. So how do I address you? Sir? Ma'm? Young master? Which one are you more comfortable?" Aom curiously asked.

"You can call me "honey", if you want. I'm more comfortable with that." Tina chortled.

Tina  couldn't act straight serious all the time, she just couldn't control  herself from teasing Aom. Her CEO reasoning slid out of the pave of her  brain. This was her issue now, that's why her teasing with Aom made Aom  to act tough & feisty back at her... but she adored to tease her. She just couldn't help it.

"No!  That will never happened. I can call you anything I want! Troublemaker.  Jinx. Arrogant. Sarcastic. Conceited." Aom enumerated them all.

"To sum them all up, in short you want to call me "Love"?.... Awww That's so sweet!" Tina spurred more sarcastic teasing.

"Ugh! This is so frustrating! Can you be serious at least?" Aom exclaimed as she grouched again.

"Do  you want me take you seriously? Are you sure about what you are asking?  You might give up." Tina dared as she looked straight through Aom's  eyes. And it made Aom cringe somehow, absolutely uncomfortable.

But  Aom shrugged off and took the challenge to glare back, bravely  responded, "Me giving up?? What do u think of me? A loser?" she crooked  her brow with full courage, "I am not a quiter!"

"Good. Neither am I." Tina bragged.

"You  are frustrating, you know that? But I... am... not..." Aom fixed  herself and stood up straight with pride, "giving up on you!" And boom!  Too late to realize that she said it incorrectly. Stupid lips.

"Yeah, don't give up on me princess." Tina chuckled heartily. My princess, my dear dragon eyes princess... you're so adorable.

After Aom realized what she just stupidly said, she bit her lips sheepishly and looked away while her cheeks fired pink.

You sure are tough, rough but you're gonna make my days brighter, princess!

Aom  was frustrated as she screamed inside. She wanted to strangle someone  so badly. If it wasn't against the law to kill someone, she could have  beaten up Tina for numerous times already.

---

A/N: Thank you all for your support and comments especially your votes.

Take care!