chapter 53 Blues

Chapter 53: Last First Kiss

Baby I, I want to know what you think when you're alone. Is it me, yeah? Are you thinking of me, yeah?

"Hey Bubbles, can I ask you something?" Boomer asks one day as they were watching T.V. Bubbles turned to face him better and nodded. "What do you think of when you're alone?" Bubbles looked shocked as those words left his mouth.

"L-like w-what?" Bubbles stutters as her heart starts to beat faster.

"Is it me?"

"Huh?"

"Do you think of me?"

Bubbles cheeks turned bright red and she couldn't think of a way to answer. Boomer just bit his lip, wondering if that meant yes.

Oh, we've been friends for awhile. I want to know that when you smile is it me, yeah? Are you thinking of me, yeah?

Bubbles laughed as Boomer tickled her. She loved being best friends with him. Honestly, Boomer was absolutely amazing. So much better than what she thought a Jojo could be like. Boomer was in a trance. She was smiling again. Boomer loved Bubbles' smile. It was one of the most beautiful things in the world.

"Hey Bubbles, we've been friends for awhile now, right?" Boomer asks, still pinning Bubbles underneath him.

"Yeah, why?" She answers, her light sky blue eyes meeting his darker ocean blue eyes.

"I just wanted to know, when you smile… is it because of me?" Boomer asks her seriously. Bubbles blinks a few times in shock, her cheeks instantly flushing again. "Are you thinking of me?" Bubbles can only bite her bottom lip as she gets really shy.

Oh, oh. Girl, what would you do? Would you want to stay if I were to say? I want to be last, yeah. Baby, let me be your… let me be your last first kiss. I want to be your first, yeah. Want to be the first to take it all the way like this and if you only knew I want to be last, yeah. Baby, let me be your last… your last first kiss.

Boomer sat near Bubbles and looked at her thoughtfully. What would she do if he just came out and told her he wanted to be her last… her last first kiss? He knows she hasn't had her first kiss. It's one of her many secrets he keeps close to his heart. Sometimes Bubbles makes it really difficult for him not to kiss her. Her soft lips constantly teasing her, beautifully smiling all the time and just asking to be kissed. Would it really be horrible or wrong if he was her last… last first kiss?

Baby, tell me what would change? I'm afraid you'll run away if I tell you what I wanted to tell you, yeah.

How would things change? That's always what Boomer wondered. Would they get together or would his worst fears come true and she'd run away. Boomer always fears that if he told her exactly how he felt, she'd be scared off. He couldn't bear that so its another secret that he keeps. This time its his own secret though.

Maybe I just got to wait. Maybe this is a mistake. I'm a fool, yeah. Baby, I'm just a fool. Yeah. Oh, oh

Maybe if he just waited. Maybe if he didn't rush into things. Or just maybe all of this is a mistake. Boomer thought he could just be a fool, like the rest of the guys who have a crush on Bubbles. Is it really a mistake? Is he really a fool? Could he and Bubbles really be together like he always dreamed of? Only problem was Boomer was to shy to find out. He always thought that Bubbles would never feel the same. He really was just a fool.

. Girl, what would you do? Would you want to stay if I were to say? I want to be last, yeah. Baby, let me be your… let me be your last first kiss. I want to be first, yeah. Want to be the first to take it all the way like this and if you only knew I want to be your last, yeah. Baby, let me be your last… your last first kiss. Your last first kiss. Your last first kiss. Girl, what would you do? Would you want to stay if I were to say? Your last first kiss. I want to be your last, yeah. Baby, let me be your… let me be your last first kiss. I want to be first, yeah. Want to be the first to take it all the way like this and if you only knew I want to be your last, yeah. Baby, let me be your last… your last first kiss. I want to be your last, yeah. Baby, let me be your… your last first kiss. I want to be last, yeah. Baby, let me be your last… your last first kiss.

"Hey Boomer, guess what?" Bubbles tells Boomer. He looks at her confused.

"What?" He asks her, trying to play along with her game.

"I finally know my answers to your questions."

Boomer just raises an eyebrow at her, not really sure on how to respond to that. She could be referring to many different questions. They're best friends, they ask each other a lot of questions daily.

"When I'm alone, sometimes I do think of you. And when I smile its normally because of you and then I blush and feel embarrassed because I know you could never like me back. We're best friends after all," Bubbles tells him. Her smile turning into a slight pout as her eyes sadden. Boomer couldn't stand it anymore. He pulled Bubbles into his arms and captured her lips with his. He was finally her first kiss.

"Can I be your first kiss, your last first kiss, and your last kiss?" Boomer asks Bubbles. She smiles up from him, never pulling out of his arms.

"Definitely," She answers without missing a beat.