Chapter 2 Blues

I'm not a perfect person. There's many things I wish I didn't do. But I continue learning. I never meant to do those things to you. And so I have to say before I go. That I just want you to know. I've found a reason for me to change who I used to be. A reason to start over new. And the reason is you.

Boomer sits down on his bed and lets his head falls into his hands. Gently rubbing his face, he recalls that had happened that day. Hassling kids, listening to his brothers, stealing things, all the usual things he did every day. Boomer was never proud of the things he did. Robbing banks, hurting others, etc. Today was worse though. He was just starting to become friends with Bubbles and he had to go and ruin it. Turns out, he could get along great with Bubbles. She was so quick to forgive but now Boomer doesn't know if Bubbles will forgive him.

Boomer throws his pillow angrily at the wall. He recalls what he said when he snapped on Bubbles. "You're just the cute one. You're pretty much useless. The cute stupid little blond that everyone likes but really has no purpose." That what he yelled at Bubbles. All she was trying to do was cheer him up. His brothers had just walked all over him and she came to pick up the pieces. What did he do in return? He caused her to cry and run away. She didn't need to say it. Boomer already knew. Bubbles hated him. Then it hit Boomer, he need to change. Boomer never meant to hurt Bubbles. He needed to change. He'll start over, be a better person. Boomer would make things right again, and he knew he owed it all to Bubbles.

I'm sorry that I hurt you. Its something I must live with everyday. And all the pain I put you through. I wish I could take it all away. And be the one who catches all your tears. That why I need you to hear. I've a found a reason for me to change who I used to be. A reason to start over new. And the reason is you. And the reason is you. And the reason is you. And the reason is you.

Boomer quickly flew over to Bubbles' house. He knew right away where her room was, so he flew right to her window. Only a couple hours had passed since he hurt her feelings. Boomer was ready to swallow his pride and apologize to her, to try and make things better. As he reached her window, he could her sniffling and sobs. His blue eyes roamed her room to find Bubbles curled up in a ball, still crying. Boomer wanted to go to her and hold her, wipe her tears away and tell her everything would be fine. But he froze with fear, with realization that he did this to her. Boomer flew away, ashamed at what he had done to her. He regretted it a lot. He never meant to hurt her this bad.

Boomer knew he would live with the knowledge of what he had done to Bubbles for the rest of his life. It would always be there, haunting him. The image of her sadness forever burned into his memories. He looked back over his shoulder towards Bubbles' house and said, "I'm gonna change, Bubbles. I swear I'll be a better person. Thanks to you."

I'm not a perfect person. I never meant to do those things to you. And so I have to say before I go. That I just want you to know. I've found a reason for me to change who I used to be. A reason to start over new. And the reason is you. I've found a reason to show a side of me you didn't know. A reason for all that I do. And the reason is you.

Weeks later, Boomer has stayed true to his words. He no longer roams the school halls, looking for his next victim. Robbing banks with his brothers or torturing innocent little animals is no longer on his daily to do list. Instead he helps others. Boomer started standing up for the kids who got picked on, warning the places that his brothers were coming, saving cats who where stuck in trees, and getting the lost puppies to their homes.

Boomer didn't talk to Bubbles though. He tried to build up the courage to go and talk to her but every time he saw her, all the courage he could muster flew away. Boomer would stand there, frozen and staring at her. The words he wanted to tell her wouldn't form on his tongue. The instant regret of hurting her came back as well. Boomer would force himself to look away and hang his head in shame.

Walking home one day, Boomer was only thinking of Bubbles and how to tell her how sorry he was when he heard crying. He instantly started to look for the source of crying. A little girl was huddled by a tree, head in her hands, tears coming down fast. Boomer felt sorry for the little girl and went over to help her.

"Hey there, are you alright?" He asked the girl as he crouched down by her. She lifted her head and her eyes widen in fear. She tried backing up farther into the tree even though it was impossible.

"Y-you're one of the r-rowdy ruff boys," The girl stuttered, obviously scared. Boomer just smiled kindly and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm Boomer. I'm the good one. I promise I won't hurt you. I just want to help you if you'd let me," Boomer said, offering his hand. Little did he know, a certain blue powerpuff was watching him from a distant. A slight smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she watched the scene before her.

"I lost my mommy," The little girl said, looking around Boomer at the park. Boomer stands up, pulling the little girl with him.

"Well, let's go find her then," Boomer said, lifting the girl up to hold her. Bubbles knew the little girl's mom, in fact she was helping the mom to find the girl. So she went and got the mom, still amazed at how helpful Boomer was being. Boomer and the little girl were walking all around the park, looking for the girl's mom. They looked everywhere and Boomer was starting to worry the girl's mom had left the park already when Bubbles and the girl's mom came running up.

"Oh my baby girl, thank you for finding her," The girl's mom yelled, taking the girl into her arms. She hugged Boomer and Boomer awkwardly hugged her back. He never had affection shown to him like this. The girl and her mother smiled before leaving and Boomer could only glance up at Bubbles.

"That was really nice you know," Bubbles says with a smile.

"Yeah well I couldn't just leave her there," Boomer says shrugging.

"I've never actually seen you be all nice and sweet," Bubbles says, turning to face Boomer better. Boomer swallowed and looked up into Bubbles' light blue eyes.

"Well, after snapping on you … I started to think and well you inspired me to change. To be someone better. You're the reason I'm trying to be so nice," Boomer says shyly. Bubbles' smile widen as she excitedly hugged Boomer and kissed his cheek. Boomer smiled widely and held Bubbles in his arms, glad that she was his reason to change.