Chapter 48 Reds

Chapter 48: If A Nerd And A Cupcake Had A Baby

She is black and I am blue bruises on my heart for you. All my drawing on her wall, never seems to mind at all. Keep her secrets in a jar, reads them when I'm in her car.

Brick sat on the park bench with his sketchbook in hand. He was drawing a picture of his heart, only it was black and blue instead of red. Blue was for Blossom and black was for him. Together they made the bruises they left together on his heart.

"Hey Brick," Blossom says as she sits down on the bench and kisses him on the cheek. They smile at each other as Blossom makes herself at home in his side as he continues to sketch away. "Pretty," she mumbles watching his hand gracefully move along the paper. She had all his drawings hanging on her wall. She didn't mind at all, that's where they belonged so she could always admire her boyfriend's hard work.

Brick smiled more, knowing Blossom was here to pick him up. She drove him home from his art class sometimes and it looks like this is one of those times. It was even better because in her car Blossom had a jar. Now this was a special jar that only Blossom herself and Brick knew where was. Simply because Blossom wrote down all her secrets she ever had or has and keeps them in that jar. When she's driving, she let's Brick read them. Why not? She trusts him 100% without a doubt.

She is smart and I am not. She built me make out robot. Some girls are pepper. She is salt. Favorite element cobalt.

Blossom always got A's and Brick did too but normally Blossom had a higher percentage and that's why he always thought she was so smart while he was not. Like today on his birthday and they shared report cards. She beat him as always and their sibling laughed. Brick just shrugged, he was proud of his girl. She was going to be a scientist one day. Blossom even had a favorite element, cobalt. She was one of the grains of salt mixed into a sea of pepper.

"Brick, come on. I have something I want to give you in private," Blossom whispered to him and pulled him away from his party. He followed her silently as they walked into his room. Sitting on his bed was a present wrapped in red paper with a little red bow on top. "Come on, open it up." Brick laughed at her impatience but complied by opening up the present. Inside the wrapped box was a robot.

"You built me a robot?" He asks, clearly confused.

"Not just any robot. A make out robot," She answers. Brick's eyes widen as he drops the robot and Blossom laughs. "That's the reaction I wanted to see. Don't worry its just a robot decoration. I just love teasing you." Brick just glared at his beautiful red head girlfriend in response.

Every line of poetry, she writes with pen all over me. She sings all of our favorite songs even thought the words are wrong. And even when she goes to sleep, her mind has got a hold of me.

Sitting in English class one day, Blossom pulled out a pen. Then she took Brick's arm and slowly started writing. He watched her work as he half paid attention to what the teacher was saying. He really didn't care, he'd pass this class anyway. After awhile Brick realized Blossom was writing down every single line of poetry that their teacher was saying onto his arm all while smirking up at him. Brick just laughed quietly and shook his head. Figures she would do this. She was bored as he was in this class.

As they left the class room, Blossom started singing. It was their very own personal mash up of their favorite songs. The only difference was all the words were wrong. She was singing it quietly so only Brick could her. Brick quietly hummed the tune for Blossom who kept singing as they walked through the school hallways.

In their next class together, Blossom rested her head against Brick's shoulder and fell asleep. Her mouth open slightly as her faced relaxed into slumber. Brick thought she was amazing. Even as she slept, his mind was on her. It was like her mind was controlling him, not that he minded though.