Chapter 25 Greens

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn. But that's alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry. But that's alright because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie. "Just leave me the hell alone Butch," Buttercup screams, angry at her boyfriend. She had intensions on leaving but instead she just stood there, feeding into his angry flames. She could see his temper rising higher and higher by the second. Faster and faster the more she screamed. But that was alright, she liked the way he hurt her. He never hurt her much.

"If you would just fucking shut up and listen to me every god damn once in awhile," Butch roared angrily. His voice so laced with hatred that Buttercup felt the tears start. She was never one for crying but Butch always knew how to make her cry. But that's alright, she loved his lies anyway. If she didn't she wouldn't be standing here.

I can't tell you what it really is. I can only tell you what it feels like. And right now it's a steel knife in my windpipe. I can't breathe but I still fight while I can fight. As long as the wrong feel right. Its like I'm in flight. High off of love, drunk from my hate. Its like huffing paint and I love it the more I suffer. I suffocate and right before I'm about to drown, she resuscitates me. She fucking hates me and I love it.

Butch never really knew what it was about Buttercup. She just had a way of making him feel something. He could describe how it felt. Like something was crushing his windpipe and his lungs. A knife of some kind maybe. Sometimes he could barely breathe when she was in the same room. But Butch didn't care as long as all their wrong felt oh so right. Her kisses brought him higher and higher, almost to the poin the felt like he could fly. But all the hate he had bottled up inside got him drunker and drunker. Butch realized the more he suffered, the more he loved her. So much to the point Butch thought he would suffocate but then Buttercup would come save him. She hated him with all her being and he loved her hatred.

Wait, where ya going? I'm leaving you. No you ain't. Come back. We're running right back. Here we go again. Its so insane cause when its going good it's going great. I'm superman with the wind at his back. She's Lois lane but when its bad, its awful. I feel so ashamed. I snap, "Who's that dude?" I don't even know his name. I laid hands on her. I never stoop so low again. I guess I don't know my own strength.

Buttercup was really leaving. She had all of her things and she was almost to the door.

"Where the hell are you going, huh?" Butch asks, standing in front of the door. Buttercup just pushes past him, looking over her shoulder she answers, "I'm leaving you." Pushing up from the door frame where he was leaning, Butch responds, "No ya ain't. Come back here."

He knew that both of them would come running back to another. They were to insane to be loved by anyone else but each other. He loved the moments that were going good. That's when he and Buttercup were great. A power couple of all power couples. He was like superman without the cape and wind at his back. Well except for when he was flying but he still didn't have a cape then. Buttercup is the Lois lane to his Superman.

Then it turns bad. They start arguing and everything goes sour. Nothing is right anymore. Anything and everything starts a fight between them. Usually just verbally and Butch is always ashamed of the things he tells her. The names he calls her. The worst time is when she got a new boyfriend, Bitch …er Mitch.

"Who is he?" Butch demanded. Buttercup just rolled her eyes and tried walking away. Butch just felt anger and saw red. Before he knew it, he was backhanding Buttercup. Seeing her down and hurt, that awful and ugly bruise forming on her pretty face, Butch knew he would never stoop so low again. He really had to learn his own strength.

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn. But that's alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry. But that's alright because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie. You ever love somebody so much you can barely breathe when you're with them? You meet and neither one of you know it hit em. Got that warm fuzzy feeling. Yeah them chills use to get them.