Chapter 5 Blues

Smooth talking. So rocking. He's got everything that a girl's wanting. Guitar cutie, he plays it groovy. And I can't keep myself from doing something stupid. Think I'm really falling for his smile. Get butterflies when he says my name. He's got something special. He's got something special. The way that he's looking at me. I wanna get all sentimental. He's got something special. He's got something special. I can hardly breathe. Something's been telling me, telling me maybe he could be the one. He could be the one. He could be the one. Oh. Oh. Oh. He could be the one. He could be the one. He could be the one. Oh. Oh. Oh.

"Hey Bubbles, what's up?" A voice calls out from behind Bubbles. She turns around to face a boy with deep blue eyes, shaggy blond hair, and guitar on his knees that he is quietly strumming. Bubbles instantly tunes into the music he is playing. Not long she realizes she is swaying to the music, frozen in place, and still haven't answered him. "Bubbles, you ok?" He asks, looking up at her from his spot perched on a step in front of the school. There he goes saying her name. Bubbles feels giddy as the butterflies build up in her stomach.

"Yeah, I'm great. That's a beautiful song you're playing, Boomer," Bubbles says, sitting down next to him.

"Well, a beautiful girl inspired me to write it," Boomer says, smiling sweetly. Bubbles blushes, loving his smile. It was so sweet and innocent looking. She loved it. Bubbles loved almost anything about Boomer from his looks to his personality.

"Who?" Bubbles asks, thinking about all the pretty girls in their school. Any of them could be the one Boomer was writing songs about. Bubbles' happy mood sadden slightly but she could never be to sad with Boomer nearby.

"Now if I told you, where would the fun in the mystery be?" Boomer asks with a side smirk. Bubbles giggled and scooted closer to Boomer. She could almost rest her head on his shoulder if she wasn't to shy. Boomer smiled and continue to strum away on his guitar.

He's lightning. Sparks are flying. Everywhere I go he's always on my mind and I'm going crazy about him lately. And I can't help myself from how my heart is racing. Think I'm really digging on his vibe. He really blows me away. He's got something special. He's got something special. The way that he's looking at me. I wanna get all sentimental. He's got something special. He's got something special. I can hardly breathe. Something's been telling me, telling me maybe he could be the one. He could be the one. He could be the one. Oh. Oh. Oh. He could be the one. He could be the one. He could be the one. Oh. Oh. Oh.

For the next couple days, everywhere Bubbles went she was in a day. She kept zoning out and getting lost in her daydreams. All of them involving a blond rowdy ruff. He was always on her mind. A goofy little smile would appear on her face and her heart would skip a beat then start racing as fast as possible. Bubbles would sit down and hum the song she had heard Boomer playing. Everything he did just amazed. Boomer was so content with just playing music and living life that Bubbles wanted to join him. Bubbles sighed contently and continued to zone out about Boomer.

And he's got a way of making me feel like everything I do is perfectly fine. The stars are aligned when I'm with him. And that's all into him. He's got something special. He's got something special. And the way he's looking at me. I wanna get all sentimental. He's got something special. He's got something special. I can hardly breathe. Something's been telling me, telling me maybe he could be the one. He could be the one. He could be the one. Oh. Oh. Oh. He could be the one. He could be the one. He could be the one. Oh. Oh. Oh.

Bubbles was helping the teachers out by carrying stuff to the spare closet downstairs. She had box after box piled on. Bubbles took a deep breath and started to slowly walk. Trying her best not to drop a box, Bubbles balanced the boxes. Boxes wiggled and wobbled. It seemed like the boxes were out to fall no matter how hard Bubbles tried to hold them.

"Hey Bubbles," Boomer called out, startling Bubbles and causing her to drop all of the boxes.

"Oh shoot," Bubbles mutters, quickly kneeling down to pick up all the boxes. Boomer runs over, guitar on his back, laughing slightly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare ya," Boomer says, helping Bubbles pick up the boxes.

"Oh no, I'm such a klutz I would have dropped them anyway," Bubbles says, smiling at Boomer, reaching for a box. Boomer smiles back, reaching for the same box. As they both lean in to grab the box, their heads knock into each other.

"Ow," They both say, sitting back and holding their heads with their hands. Then they burst out laughing.

"So anyway," Boomer starts, still laughing slightly, "I was wondering if you want to go out sometime?" Bubbles eyes widen and she smiles widely.

"I'd love to," Bubbles answers.