Chapter 15 Reds

I hear a word you're not saying. Its driving me crazy. It's like we stopped breathing in this room. We're both last to be leaving. I know what you're thinking. I wish you'd make your move. Its much to quiet in here. I wanna disappear. I hearing myself thinking to clear. Its to quiet in here. Make it all go away. Why can't we break this silence finally?

There has always been this awkward kind of sexual tension between the rowdy ruff boys and the powerpuff girls. Bubbles and Boomer were the first to break it and admit they like each other. During a fight, Buttercup and Butch accidentally let it slip. Then there was Brick and Blossom who never once broke that tension. Bubbles thought it would be a great idea for all of them to get together and hang out. Of course that meant Buttercup and Butch would either be fighting or making out like crazy while Boomer and Bubbles fawn over each other.

Blossom knows what Brick isn't saying. I like you. Go out with me? Either of these things would work but he won't say them and its driving her absolutely nuts. They walk around each other like they're walking on eggshells. Both of them barely breathing.

Buttercup and Butch are the first to leave, looking for something more exciting to do. Bubbles and Boomer leave next, to go shopping and go all lovey dovey on each other. Leaving Brick and Blossom the last to leave. She knows Brick thinks this is the perfect opportunity, but he won't make his move no matter how much she wishes he would.

Its just more awkward silence. Blossom knows its way to quiet when she can have a complete conversation with herself in her head without a single interruption. She wishes the silence would just go away. Why can't one of them just break this awful silence anyway?

Its like you know where I'm going. You follow me home. But I never invite you inside. I see what you're not showing. I've got you alone but the air so still its weird. Its much to quiet in hear. I wanna disappear. I'm hearing myself thinking to clear. Its to quiet in here. Make it all go away. Why can't we break this silence finally?

Its like Brick knows exactly where Blossom is going to be. She thought it was getting to be like Mary and the lamb except it was her and Brick. And wherever Blossom went, Brick was sure to follow. It started to be a routine. He would walk with her to all her classes, even the ones they didn't have together, and at the end of the day they would walk home together in silence. Not once did Blossom invite him in. She'd just walk up to her doorstep and wave goodbye before disappearing inside the house.

Blossom knew she had him all alone, no distractions anywhere but the air was so still, tense, and thick that you could it with a knife. It was definitely way to quiet. She was thinking to herself again. And not once was her train of thought disturbed. Why did it have to be so quiet? Couldn't one of them have said something to make all the quiet go away and break the weird silence?

Don't stop, don't stop telling me goodnight. Just promise you'll kiss me goodbye. What's taking so long? Don't tell me you're not gonna try. The tensions building in my mind. I wanna scream and I know why. Its much to quiet in here. I wanna disappear. I'm hearing myself thinking to clear. Its to quiet in here. Make it all go away. Why can't we break this silence finally? Make it all go away. Its to quiet in here.

Slowly, Brick added another part on their routine walks home. When she waved goodbye to him before disappearing into the house he would tell her goodnight. She'd smile every time he'd do so. Blossom never wanted to him stop. Not ever.

One day their route home was changed due to road construction. Now it would take even longer for them to walk home. The silence was starting to eat at Blossom. Slowly, she was losing her patience.

"Look, I would just make you promise me a goodbye kiss," Blossom said aloud. Brick looked at her confused, shocked that she actually broke the silence.

"If we ever got together like our sibling and it didn't work. All I would want from you is a goodbye kiss," Blossom explained, and he nodded. He was quiet and the tension started to grow in her mind. Their legs still moved forward, towards her house. They never stopped. Blossom started thinking to herself and how she regretted saying that out loud. Until when she went to walk up to her doorstep, Brick turned her around and kissed her. The silence was still there and loud as ever but she knew that was definitely not a goodbye kiss.