Chapter 43 Greens

Chapter 43: Bring Me To Life

How can you see into my eyes like open doors? Leading you down into my core, where I've become so numb.

"Buttercup? Buttercup? Damn it, BC where are you?" Butch frantically calls. He hadn't meant to yell at her. Butch was never one to scare her and he never wanted to. It was just an accident. Now she's run off and he has no clue where she has gone. All of a sudden, he saw a girl sitting under a tree. Her knees pulled up to her chest, arms holding them close, and face buried into her lap. Without hesitation, Butch ran up to her. There was Buttercup, sitting broken again. He lifted her face up gently with his hands. His green eyes poured into hers. In that instant he pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her. She was shivering and cold. Buttercup didn't care. She was still trying to figure out how Butch could tell what was wrong with her. How could he read her eyes like that? She never let him through her walls, down deep inside her to where she now felt numb. How could he do that?

Without a soul. My spirit is sleeping somewhere cold. Until you find it there and lead it back home.

It took a couple minutes but Buttercup eventually wrapped her arms around Butch as well. It was like the warmth of his spirit called out to her cold one. His soul found her nonexistent one. And that alone brought it back home. Just like Butch did with Buttercup. He lifted her up into his arms and quickly brought her back home. Not once did he leave her side.

Wake me up. Wake me up inside. I can't wake up. Wake me up inside. Save me. Call my name and save me from the dark. Wake me up. Bid my blood to run before I come undone. I can't wake up. Save me. Save me. Save me from the nothing I've become.

Butch didn't know Buttercup was afraid to sleep. She was afraid of falling asleep and never waking up. It was already like she was dead or permanently asleep inside. She dreaded the thought of that becoming real on the outside though too. But each time Butch called her name it was like his voice was saving her from the dark. Slowly, Butch was waking her up. He gave her nothing something. Butch was like her guardian angel. He would be the one to save her from herself.

Now that I know what I'm without. You can't just leave me. Breathe into me and make me real. Bring me to life. Wake me up. Wake me up inside. Can't wake up. Wake me up inside. Save me. Call my name and save me from the dark. Wake me up. Bid my blood to run before I come undone. I can't wake up. Save me. Save me from the nothing I've become. Bring me to life.

Before Butch came into her life with his reckless smile and out to corrupt you attitude, Buttercup had no clue what she was living without. Now that he was here, with her none the less, she knew all what she had been missing. Only Buttercup knew. Buttercup knew as quickly he came into her life, he could again. But she didn't want him to leave. He couldn't just leave. Buttercup needed him more than anything. And Buttercup never needed anyone. But when he kissed her, he breathed life into her. Butch was making her more than just a girl. Butch was making Buttercup real. Her guardian angel who would wake her up, saving her from the dark and nothing. Her guardian angel would bring her to life one day.

I've been living a lie. There's nothing inside. Bring me to life. Frozen inside without your touch, without your love, darling. Only you are the life among the dead. All of this time, I can't believe I couldn't see kept in the dark but you were there in front of me.

Lies. It was all lies. The smile, the happiness... it was all lies. Really Buttercup had nothing inside. No fire like the others. Nothing to keep her going. She needed life. When Butch wasn't there to hold her hand, Buttercup was frozen inside. The warmth gone with him. She could fake like it was still there but really she needed Butch and his love for it to be there. Everyone else seemed so usual, so typical, so boring,... so dead. Butch brought the life back. He was the life among the dead. Buttercup was use to being kept in the dark. But she wasn't use to the fact that the dark hid Butch from her. That all that time he was always right there for her. At least she had him now.

I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems. Got to open my eyes to everything. Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul. Don't let me die here. There must be something more. Bring me to life. Wake me up. Wake me up inside. I can't wake up. Wake me up inside. Save me. Call my name and save me from the dark. Wake me up. Bid my blood to run before I come undone. I can't wake up. Save me. Save me from the nothing I've become. Bring me to life. I've been living a lie. There's nothing inside. Bring me to life.

Reentering the world again was like being a sleep for a thousand years. Everything was so familiar to Buttercup and yet so different. But she knew she had to open her eyes to everything again. She had to try for Butch because it was killing him to watch her suffer. To save them both, she would try. Butch was right there with her, almost without a thought about it. She reentered the world without a soul or voice but she was going to find them again. Butch was there with her, his hand in hers. He knew when she squeezed his hand it was her silent plea. Don't let me die here. She knew when he squeezed back it was his silent answer. There is something more, keep going. She was right in the end. He was her guardian angel to save her from the dark and nothing. The one to wake her up. The one to bring her to life.

: 3