Chapter 21 Reds

I'm 15 for a moment. Caught in between 10 and 20. And I'm just dreaming. Counting the ways to where are you.

15. What a great age to be, especially if you're Brick Jojo. He's just right in the middle. Almost an adult but still a kid. Learning what life's all about. Pranks and getting into trouble. Learning about responsibility and trust. Oh and meeting her.

He's sure she's just a dream. Baby pink eyes, long beautiful red hair, and such a cute innocent giggle. Blossom Utonium was that girl that would be his first everything. His first love, his first date, his first girlfriend and so on. But she would also be his first heartbreak, first ex girlfriend, and so on. So, to Brick, she had to be a dream. She was just so perfect.

When he laid down to go to sleep, he would see her smile. His dreams would fill with their memories and her laughter. Every once in awhile, Brick could swear Butch and Boomer heard her laugh too. Only thing was, she wasn't there. She was at her home, doing the same thing about him, only he didn't know that.

Sighing, he'd start thinking of ways he could win her heart. Ways to get her back. So many plans but he was just to scared. So instead he took comfort of counting the ways to getting where Blossom sat waiting patiently for him.

I'm 22 for a moment. And she feels better than ever. And we're on fire. Making our way back from mars. 15 there's still time for you. Time to buy and time to lose. 15. There's never a wish better than this. When you've only got a 100 years to live.

Now, Brick is 22 years old. Young and free and wild. A college student, with some major partying on the side. Only difference now is he now knows how to hold on to Blossom. And man, does she feel better than ever. He could get drunk on her kiss. She was just so addictive, his own personal drug. And Blossom took pleasure in it.

Sure, she studied while he partied but he always came back to her. His arms holding her very possessively. Brick felt like Butch, protecting what was his. Boomer shows Bubbles is his with flowers, chocolates, poems, and other mushy romance things. Butch claims Buttercup with PDA, arms possessively holding her whenever another guy is around, and apparently some heartfelt talks. Brick was surprised when Butch suggested that. Sure, he immediately denied ever doing that with Buttercup. He claimed he probably hung out with Bubbles and Boomer to long when he was waiting for Buttercup a couple times.

Brick on the other hand, didn't need those. Blossom like to talk and Brick liked to listen. Blossom liked things with secret meanings and that meaningful thing too. Like all those history lessons or something. Brick was a secretive guy and Blossom loved to figure him out.

Plus she was beautiful and her skin was so soft. Definitely pros for Brick. As long as Blossom was happy he was too. Everyone thought they were weird how they bonded over school work and other brainy things like games of scrabble or chess. Butch claimed they came from mars. So whenever they would return from their date, they both came back from mars very happy.

I'm 33 for a moment. I'm still the man but you see I'm a they. A kid all the way, babe. A family on my mind.

His 33rd birthday and Blossom Jojo didn't know how to tell her husband the news. Sure they had been together since they were like 15 but he was still very much a kid at heart. He loved playing with his nieces and nephews. Saturday cartoons were a must and he still ate sugary cereal for breakfast.

Other women thought she was lucky. Her husband was so sophisticated, grown up, and well… mature. Brick Jojo was a gentleman… on the outside. Blossom loved both sides of her husband. But the one thing they never talked about was having a family of their own. So here she was pregnant with his child and afraid to tell him.

"Blossom, I'm home." the suitcase thumps on the floor, his jacket thrown over the chair, and he loosens the tie around his neck. Taking a deep breath, Blossom goes to meet him.

"Welcome home, babe. Happy birthday," She kisses him, holding him close to her like it would be the last time. He pulls back, a small smile on his lips but worry in his eyes.

"Are you ok? I mean you're tense like you're nervous or scared or something," Brick nervously chuckles. He knew Blossom had been distant lately. He hoped she wasn't dying… or leaving him. She pulls him to the living room and makes him sit down. He raises an eyebrow at her, confused at what she has to say.

Nervously pulling at a long strand of her hair, Blossom says, "I just I don't know how to tell you. I love you. I really do… I just don't know how you'll take this but I'm…,"

"You're what, Bloss?"

"P-pregnant." She looks down so she wouldn't have to see his face. His hand finds its way under her chin and lifts her fact to look at his.

"That's what you're scared to tell me?" He asks. She just nods. Wrapping his arms around her, Brick says, "Oh Bloss. This is amazing. I've always had a family on my mind… especially with you."

I'm 45 for a moment. The sea is high and I'm heading into a crisis. Chasing the years of my life. 15. There's still time for you. Time to buy and time to lose yourself within a morning star. 15. I'm all right with you. 15. There's never a wish better than this. When you've only got a 100 years to live. Halftime goes by, suddenly your wise.

45 and lost his job. Everything that could go wrong was going wrong. At least Blossom hadn't left him. No, she still loved him as much as he loved her. Brick Jojo was a hardworking family man by the time he was 45. 3 kids, a beautiful wife, and a dog. He had everything he wanted. Though during the rough times like these… he couldn't help but remember all those years that had passed by.

15 was meeting Blossom. 22 was becoming the only man in her life. 33 was their first child together. And now who knows what 45 has to bring besides his lost job? There was nothing more he could wish for. He got everything. All the kids he could ever want, including nieces and nephews. Just everything. There was not a better wish then the life Brick was leading right now.

Another blink of an eye, 67 is gone. The is getting high. We're moving on.

Time passed so quickly. Their kids went and grew up so now a retired Brick and Blossom we're sporting around the grandkids. Only 67 and getting their bursts of energy from the love of their family. So many rough times came and went but they kept moving forward. Not a moment they didn't love each other though but that was what their family was for. The Jojo clan always stuck together no matter what.

I'm 99 for a moment. Dying for just another moment and I'm just dreaming. Counting the ways to where you are.

Its almost his time to go. Brick could feel it in all his bones. He is 99, his 100 years are almost up. Blossom could see he was getting ready to leave and it broke her heart. She would do anything to stay with him but it warmed her heart to know they wouldn't be apart to long. After all she was 99 too but for some reason he had to go first. Their dreams still came alive. Their dreams where each other. And now before bed, they would count the ways to each other together.

15. There's still time for you.

15, and they had all the time for each other. All the ways to each other.

22. I feel her too.

22 and in love. They found each other and Brick had her everywhere he went. She was truly amazing. This fragile, delicate, and soft thing he could hold in his arms and cherish.

33. You're on your way. Every day's a new day.

33 and the excitement of her pregnancy. Those 9 months were hell but were worth it. A beautiful baby girl came out of all that torture and not before too long, 2 strong boys too.

15. There's still time for you. Time to buy and time to choose. Hey 15. There's never a wish better than this. When you've only got 100 years to live.

Brick Jojo lived his 100 years and loved every one of them. Since the time he was 15 til he was 99,100. If he could do it all over again, he would but he would never change a thing. Especially the girl who lived and loved those 100 years with him.